1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Theres your sign, fire JVG III

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bplld, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That was a really stupid answer.

2. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

okay...I'm finally onboard...fire that b****

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

thanks!!! :D :D :D

4. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Per Big M

"and all the f@#king r****ds come out..."

I agree Big M- Ohh wait--were you talking about me?

5. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey guys! You get to hear this on tv for many, many more hours!

Allstar game is going to rock :).

6. littlefish_220

An over-coached JVG

Every shot of suns is falling, we can't hit anything, lack of energy, lack of defense.......We can go on and on, but above all of these, our team is OVER-COACHED.

It is expected that sun will front and double Yao in the beginning, but Sun is doing it bolder than expected. They let us shoot from outside when both T-mac and Alston are on the floor. However, rockets can't pass to take advantage of double team and can't shoot, open or not. In addition to that, they even can't slow down the pace to disrupt sun's rhythm. What surprises me is JVG has ZERO change and NO contingency plan in the game. What annoys me is rox is still basically an ISO team with two stars.

And, this is not about a single game. JVG comes to H-town to bring the team into the playoff, and he changes his system a bit to fit T-mac. These two things are enough for him to stay here several years. However, with an improved 20-10 Yao, with a top 5 talent in T-mac, with three of our starters (Yao, T-mac, Alston) being excellent passers, rox's offense is far behind of its talent level. And I blame it on JVG.

The reality question is where we can find a better coach around. H Brown is very good imo, but he probably won't be back because of his age and health; Another Brown is also good, but he didn't choose Houston several years ago and New York is over-confident in him despite of awful results this season. For the rest, they are either not proven or considered at the same level of JVG.

But sometimes, we have to take the risk to change. Sun’s coach is also a nobody, but he has proven to fit the new NBA rule system very well. In my opinion, JVG is not a good fit for the talent pool of this team and is no longer a good fit for the new rule, it is time to make the change happen!

7. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

(Deleted)

Good thing Clutch's around to maintain some order. heheheh

#27 xcomputerman, Feb 16, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

As I said in the game thread. WWW.FIREJVG.COM is available. We need to start a campaign now and try and get it through CD's thick skull that this system is so last decade and is not gonna work.

9. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

^that site dont work

That loss was JVG's worst career loss. Maybe he will save us the pain and quit on his own.

10. Zeeshan

Zeeshan Contributing Member

I was a JVG supporter, but this game has proven what type of a coach JVG is. Seriously people, when will we all wake up and realize that the team is not working under his system. T-mac said last year that he is the best coach he has played for. I want to ask T-mac that question again. I gurantee you the answer would be different.

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

No doubt.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I guarantee you he'd say the same thing...

13. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

This is just like game 7 of the playoffs last year. Gundy does a ****ty job of getting his team ready to play. To drop such an egg like this after such a great win in LA, that all comes down to coaching.

14. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

TMac wouldnt have high standards for a coach. JVG made him play defense, and that is the only thing that drove him to say JVG is a good caoch. Truth is TMac has lost a gigantic chunk of his offensive ability. Along with that, went down a giganitic chunk of respect.

15. fanwq

fanwq Member

Let's find Anthony's brorher as replacement.

16. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

:mad: STFU with these stupid fire JVG threads!!!!

The Rockets as a team lost!!

This is f-ing pathetic how some fans just want to vent and fire the coach because the rest of the team did not show up tonight.

The Rockets got their asses kicked tonight, JVG was not the sole reason why they lost by this many points. And JVG was not the sole reason why the rockets won by 30 the game before this. And lets say we do fire our coach who the heck else are the rockets going to find that will give them an identity as a team and make it possible for them to win and salvage the season.... :mad:

17. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

I'm usually very critical of some of JVG's moves, but I don't blame this loss on him. I blame the players for this one. A national game on TNT the night before the all star weekend gets kicked off in their town, and this is the effort they put forth.

18. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

rabble rabble rabble!

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

totally and completely agree...

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

blahblahblah!!!!

Aren't the Gundy-lovers a little sensitive tonight?

If you dont want to read about your beloved coach getting fired then dont open the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.