1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There's a distressing lack of leaked info on the Rockets plans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LelWestbrick, Jul 11, 2014.

1. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

FA & Match Parsons

2. haydenfisher342

NO FREAKING WAY! amazing! wow! this is amazing news!

3. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

heh??? You think that made a difference?? Bosh's agent was gonna go back to Miami anyway and say "hey, this is what we got offered, if you want us back, you gotta do better."

These "leaks" had nothing to do with Bosh's decision. If anything the source of it was probably Bosh's agent!

4. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

About 70% is the best I can do right now as they are in several talks right now. With free agency and the fact that we are working on a time crunch, who really knows for sure. We all thought we had Bosh in the bag this afternoon only to fall to the floor in disbelief when he punked us.

You want be as happy as if we had gotten Bosh, but I am sure there will be those that will applaud the move and those who complain and request Morey's head on a stick.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This... Heat would've know.

Bosh likely signs if total pay was 10 mil less too. The city of MIA has an advantage over Houston in terms of glitz and overall crunkness. Add the fact his family is settled makes it that much easier.

6. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Will we like the free agent roe4christ?

7. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Thanks Roe. Any info is appreciated. Obviously rockets fans feel like they were about to win with 4 of a kind and the turn card ended up with a straight flush for Miami. I don't blame bosh for choosing $33m but he should NOT have committed the rockets to their moves - it really screwed us over in so many ways. Thanks for the hope and please ignore the trolls...

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Thanks bro

9. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

That was kinda good, I'll have to admit.

10. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I agree. I had actually posted before the decision II that I was worried that heat was going to max out bosh and promise to build around him. What else could they do? If they rebuild there's no good free agent to be had next year.

11. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

Yes, if indeed it happens all things considered. These things are fluid and like we saw earlier today, can fall apart quickly.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm curious myself. Can we at least get a clue on what position that player plays? The 1, 3 or 4?

13. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

I completely feel your frustration. I am frustrated at what happened as well. No time think about it now. We still have work to do. As a fellow Rocket, I bleed red too.

14. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Interesting. I thought we were going to try to trade for someone and the. Match parsons, only bc the good free agents who are NOT restricted all play parson's position. I was hoping to swing a trade for Ryan Anderson or Bledsoe/Dragic or even Milsap.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

ok we're signing one of ariza or deng

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

My best guess is Lance Stephenson. If we are talking about a singular player that would take enough of the cap for us to justify not getting an additional free agent it would be Lance. It can't be an RFA.
    Unless when he said FA he meant we were talking to several free agents. Is Deng and Ariza really going to demand any more than $10 million a year? Give max to Lance and sign Parsons. Lance is a great sixth man, his offense is solid, and his defense is amazing. Only problem is he is a bonehead. Who cares? Screw it. We need the talent.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Deng would be great, Lance intriguing, Ariza solid.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If we're matching Parsons I would rather we go after a combo guard sixth man type. There's not a single good UFA bigman so might as well solidify our perimeter.
    Lance can play the 1, 2, or 3. We pray Nick Johnson is ready, retain Daniels, get Lance, match Parsons. And then we hope Jones and D-Mo finally live up to their potentials.

Bev - Harden - Parsons - Jones - Howard
    Canaan - Nick Johnson - Daniels - Lance Stephenson - D-Mo - Powell
    Casspi / Covington

Hopefully nobody pays that money to Paul Pierce and we can somehow nab him for the MLE.
    Use the bi-annual on Chris Anderson.

#58 RedRedemption, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  19. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

Hell yes!!! We are getting Aaron Brooks tomorrow!! #gamechanger :rolleyes:

20. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

Thanks for the kind words. Those have been hard to come by today given the turn of events. I will continue to give information as I get it if it doesn't come out first from somewhere else. I need to get off and get back to work at this. I agree with you. I don't blame Bosh for taking the Heat offer, just don't like the way he went about it and putting us in a bad situation. Blessings,