1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There was and will always be one Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Dec 29, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2011/01/tracy-mcgrady-stop-jinxing-yourself/
    Tracy McGrady, stop jinxing yourself
    By Dan Feldman • 4:59 am • January 30, 2011

The older, wiser Tracy McGrady still hasn’t learned.

"The next off-season will actually be my first off-season in three years where I can do basic training without me experiencing pain," said McGrady, who will be an unrestricted free agent. "I’m not going to training camp trying to get healthy, rehabbing still. I’ve been trying to do that for the last three years. Now I will be completely healthy and be able to do my normal regimen."

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Shoot me in the knee and see if i don't quit. Fact is your a moron who is a joke.

In b4tmacisajokeandamoron

3. tinman

Supporting Member

who shot him in the knee? He and his agent said he was fine!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4777423
    Sources close to the process told ESPN.com that multiple phone discussions Monday between Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and coach Rick Adelman, in conjunction with McGrady's lead agent, Arn Tellem, led to a mutual agreement that both sides would try to hatch a workable trade before the league's annual trading deadline on Feb. 18.

"Tracy is now healthy and is looking forward to contributing to a team this season,"
    Tellem said in a statement on Tuesday. "He is an incredible talent and a relentless competitor; any team will be most fortunate to have him."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/02/sports/basketball/02knicks.html?_r=0
    “If I was healthy, that team right there could have done something special in the playoffs,” McGrady said wistfully. “But for me to be injured and sit out and watch my team advance destroyed me. Destroyed me. I’m not even going to lie. I was hurt, man.”

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I still remember all that talking he did trying to get on the Bulls only to have them pass on the great McGrady for Bogans. That had to be humiliating for him.

5. Chronz

Chronz Member

Yes I see that now, but don't go hyping up tmac for that streak. If u Google my name alongside the most overrated seasons, you'll find my semi blog post here on bbs for why he was overrated that season

Forgive me for not providing the link but I'm on my girls phone right now while she's in the ****ter

6. tinman

Supporting Member

I like how that stupid McGrady fans wanted him to ride the coattails of other superstars

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

There is no denying he screwed himself and the organization there but to make that him quiting is your main point is low even for you

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Tracy had no heart - if he had 1/2 of Yao & Ron's heart it may have ended different.

Ron dived into the crowd for a loose ball when the game was well over. Yao came back from a leg injury to help the Rockets upset the Lakers in game 1 ... Tracy picked the Lakers to win the championship while the Rockets were still battling.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Everybody here bags on Ron and Adelman...but those guys gave it their all that season. Love that team, so much damn heart.

Brooks
    Battier
    Artest
    Scola
    Yao

Landry
    Lowry
    Wafer
    Deke

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

There is a Rockets game on and Tinman is talking about McGrady again lol.

What is more sad is you all acting like the guy is anything more credible than a troll. The dude wants to engaged with people about McGrady.

Keep on trollin tinman...when you decide to join us in 2014 I will welcome you with open arms lol.

Not sure what is the most sad, the Lin fans or you.

11. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

Wrong! There are hundreds of TMAC in tinman's heart !!!

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thread question is who is the new McGrady?

Expect something positive from TM camp.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I didn't create this thread or bring the thread back , so
    You are obviously wrong

I'm a 99er. I like the truth and will correct anyone who doesn't

14. tinman

Supporting Member

You are a rockets fan.
    These idiots talking about tmac not having teammates or coaches are not rockets fans

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't see how this has anything to do with Lin.

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

T-Mac is the most talented player the Rockets ever had,

17. Chronz

Chronz Member

I see that now and while Tmac played OK during that streak, I still think he was given far too much credit, I wrote about it here:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6016869&postcount=1

So the argument about prime McGrady has devolved into you ignoring all points raised and focusing on the trade. .... Why do you even post if you wont add anything of substance?

1 person likes this.
  18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Chronz just completely owned tin. check mate

1 person likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

Mcgrady fans think accomplishments are made in the regular season not the playoffs.

He didn't even win a MVP award.

Also does this guy even play full seasons ?

Morey figured out that he would never lead the team to any glory
    Thank goodness he dumped mcgrady

He did trade him right?

20. Chronz

Chronz Member

Morey traded him because he was done. You're out of your mind if you think he doesn't trade for Tmac in his prime. That you continue to focus on an out of his peak/prime Tmac and ignore the superstar that was is why you have nothing to stand on.

I get that he hurt your feelings by not giving maximum effort, it doesn't change the ENORMOUS positive impact hes had on his squads throughout his peak.

Just because you hate him doesn't mean his regular season accolades are rendered irrelevant. His objective measures have only been matched by guys like Wade, Kobe, Bron etc... these are players we've seen go from winning championships to losing in R.1

Thats how much of a team game this is, so expecting 1 player to determine the entire fate of his team is to ignore the NBA's entire history. Instead, what you should examine is how he influences his team(mates) bottom line.

Like Yao has said and the statistics have backed, Tmac helped make him a better player. Lemme guess, Yao's opinion means squat.