1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There is one thing that kobe has and mcgrady doesnt...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bryant8, Nov 13, 2002.

1. bryant8

bryant8 Member

Im not trying to prove anything about the east.But your saying mcgrady took his team to the first round of the playoffs.BUt so did a lot of other players who aren't half as good as tmac.One is antonio davis and no the role players werent as good as the magics.When kobe has a chance to be the first option on his team like mcgrady a whole year then the "tmac led his team to the playoffs argument will be valid.But now he shares that responsibility with Shaq.Kobe is the one who always takes his game to another level in the playoffs and he makes huge plays and huge baskets to win games.You cant argue with that.You can but you would look stupid.

Tmac had the chance to make big shots and big plays but didnt he got schooled by davis in the first round?

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Remember when Taco Bell had that competition pittted against Dream and Shaq after the 94 finals, but Dream pulled out because of an injury?

What if Adidas got their new poster boy Tmac to challenge Kobe, the former, in a one on one street match? The promotions and billing potential alone could generate enough cash to bribe them to play in the game. I'm sure they've battled in gyms before on summer league teams. This is taking it to the next level.

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

He didn't get schooled and they didn't even play Toronto.

They played the Charlotte Hornets. And McGrady averaged 30.8 ppg with an All Star cast that included Patrick Ewing, Pat Garrity, Ho Grant, Troy Hudson, Monty Williams, Don Reid, Jaren Jackson, Andrew DeClerq and Jud Buechler.

Granted, the Magic had Mike Miller and Darrell Armstrong but give me a break. I couldn't care less about McGrady or Kobe but at least bring something better than a personal opionion to a discussion.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The original post claims that Kobe is better than Tmac because Kobe hits more "clutch shots." By that logic, Robert Horry is one of the greatest players in NBA history. Should he be in the HOF?:rolleyes:

I still think "being clutch" is overrated. The ability to dominate throughout the game is a lot more important than making a shot at the buzzer. It's just that the last second shots are more memorable.

5. bryant8

bryant8 Member

6. verse

verse Contributing Member

thank you very much.

7. verse

verse Contributing Member

clutch player? kobe?

hard to disagree, but also consider that tmac - in the clutch - is typically facing 2 defenders (at least). kobe - as long as shaq is on the court - is usually facing 1 defender.

who has the advantage now?

c'mon people....we're talking about who's the better player. i'm talking individually over a full game/full season.

it's tmac. and it's not even close.

8. INrocket

INrocket Member

I think many people hate kobe because of his supposed arrogance, but mcgrady is just as if not more arrogant than kobe. During last years playoffs mcgrady got mad because davis was playing so well, so he guarenteed victory and stated that he was the best player on the court, but the hornets won the series and davis had two consecutive triple doubles and broke t-mac down various times.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I know this has already been mentioned, but c'mon dude, why would Bryant8 be talking about Antonio Davis? Baron Davis was the one that demolished McGrady.

10. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Being clueless regarding evaluating talent would be a good excuse. If players are that easy to confuse with one another, how could you make a claim to being very accurate or subjective?