1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There are two teams that have beaten every playoff team in the west

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The play at too low a pace IMO

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Atlanta beat 5 of the teams. They lost to the Spurs once (the only lost to any of the top Western teams) and have not played GSW and PHX.

3. what

what Member

They are all pretty important. But here's the thing: Mike Conley is so underrated it is criminal.

Conley, among point guards, has the best percentage: 3 point and 2 point shooting, to go along with his defense, and his advanced measurable, which has always been above every other point guard. He's also 2nd in assists.

Lillard is #2 in big shots in the 4th quarter to Conley. And Lillard's defense (as Beno showed last night) is a crutch.

Conley is pretty much beating every other point guard in 90 percent of the stages, and doing it at a clip of 18 and 6. There is not another point guard that is better than conley in the league. Westbrook misses more than he makes in the clutch. Chris Paul is slowing down and clearly not as effective as he once was. Parker can't make threes. Steph is good and probably the closest to Conley at this point.

If conley doesn't make the all star game this year, people just don't know what they are talking about. Period.

4. what

what Member

I meant in the clutch Conley has the best percentages,

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wait, so you're telling me, the Rockets haven't beat everyone in the west? Oh right, this isn't in the Rockets part of the forum.

Haha, anyway some of you guys with rankings definitely need OKC on there... It's like everyone is starting to forget them. I think the Rockets got lucky they were rusty from the time off. I don't like their team much, but they definitely can play.

6. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I reckon Grizzlies won't even make the playoffs.

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

No group of big men should ever get out done by Dmo, Black, and Dorsey

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I really like the Rockets chance of winning it if Rox plays Spurs in the 2nd round, Griz in the Conference Finals and Hawks at the Finals.

9. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

We should be worried about the warriors. They have improved significantly this season and are defending like crazy. We are not consistent enough to beat them in 4 playoff games.

For all those their talent, we actually match up better against the Thunder. The other night was a fluke though. I've never seen Ariza or Harden bank in so many threes in a game. Total fluke after fluke

10. roksoer

roksoer Member

They have an actual coach this year though, and guys like Curry, Thompson, Draymond, Barnes have all improved and matured. Bogut seems to be healthier too and they have way greater depth.
    All indicators show they're a championship team.

We're definitely not in the same boat, we're last years GSW, a great, talented team without a real coach.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Conley Only Fan

COF cough cough

12. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

2nd round exit in 6 and 7 games... not bad....especially considering they had major inures to major starters...if i recall well they took clippers to game 7 without Bogut... if Bogut is healthy its completely different story....

13. what

what Member

Conley has done more in the last 5 minutes this year than Lillard. But nobody talks about it. Everybody thinks Lillard is a god.

Somebody compared Mike Conley to Derek Harper, who increased his points every year and never made an allstar game. I agree with this. For whatever reason, I guess people think Conley is getting lucky or something.

Conley is cold-blooded. Conley has went toe to toe with Chris Paul and played him to a standstill.

This is Conley at his best:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hzHDE-zrmUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

What???? Why the **** are Dallas in your top two ahead of GS, Clips, Houston adn Portland? LOL maybe Spurs beat every WC playoff team 1 but Dallas has a ridiculously low record against WC playoff teams. LOL!

I do agree Conley Jr. is so underrated, I'd certainly take him over Lillard and if you take contract into consideration I'd take him over CP3 as well, having him at 10M is way better than CP3 at 20M IMHO.

15. what

what Member

Dirk is dangerous when he has help. He has help this year. Plus, Rick Carlise is the best coach not named Pop.

As for Conley, his bargain contract isn't going to last much longer, unfortunately. He is a superstar and SHOULD BE payed like one.

The thing I am worried about though (if I am honest) is if the front office decides to low-ball conley because they think they can. Of the core players that the grizzlies have: Mike Conley is the most likely to get lured to another team. But it's going to take a max deal to get it done.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Conley to the Rockets.

17. Nook

Nook Member

This is why you are never taken seriously.

Your premise is that Memphis and San Antonio are so dangerous because they have beaten all the best teams in the West (which is arbitrary as hell). You then put Dallas right behind them...... well against the "Best in the West" this year Dallas is 2-8.

Stop just spit balling it if you are going to start a thread.

18. what

what Member

The first premise was to show how San Antonio might be more dangerous than their record indicates. The ranking--that you want to take me to task on--is how I see teams against the grizzlies in the playoffs.

If I did anything wrong there it is that I didn't form a PERFECT essay for you. This is a message board. If I were writing for ESPN or something and I just threw things out there I could see how you'd have no respect for it.

I think the grizzlies and the spurs are the most well-rounded teams because they can beat anybody. But the teams i most fear are Spurs and Dallas.

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

You can be happy what. This could be the year of memphis. There is not a team that is clearly better than memphis.

Unless the thunder gets its act together my favorites to win it all are the grizzlies or the warriors and maybe the spurs. Ofcourse if the Rockets get another good perimeter creator at the deadline i will include the Rockets in that list.

If the Rockets do not win it all, i hope memphis does. I like their style

20. what

what Member

Even if the thunder get in this year, I don't fear this team. The grizzlies have had the thunder on the ropes pretty much every single playoff series and somehow the thunder end up winning.

With the grizzlies having hca against them, it will be time for the grizzlies to beat them once and for all.

Last year, it took the infamous Newspaper Headline of KD to get him motivated, and a game 7 suspension of zbo to get them past the grizz. Believe me, the thunder don't want no part of the grizzlies this year.