1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TheBigLead] Report: Lebron to Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets did that without LRMAM, who is a bigger hit to the Rockets than Iggy is to the Warriors. If fully healthy, the Rockets beat the Warriors in 5

BigShasta and vlaurelio like this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Iggy is better than Moute and was their best bench player. I agree that Moute was our 2nd most important bench player, but Iggy's just a better player, so it's hard for me to say his impact is less.

Getting swept = barely losing?

Maybe so. Again Iggy wasn't there for 2 of those wins.

Look guys, we can talk about "so and so was better, so and so would be better" all we want, but the reality is that no one has beaten them more than once in a series except the Rockets. Last year's Cavs were one of the best offensive teams ever and they got one game. The Heat had a big 3 with LeBron Wade and Bosh in their prime and they didn't even win their first year. Him going to the Lakers with two other guys to form a new team isn't enough.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's not that surprising I guess

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Iggy has lost a step this season. It's clearly obvious. He hasn't had much an impact this season as one would like to believe.

I do agree with him going to the Lakers won't be enough, but as Media says, media goes. The new narrative is - if the Rockets were able to do it, then the Lakers can definitely do the same. Ready to see the Lakers (with Lebron and PG13) crash and burn as expected.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Iggy wasn't the player he was once upon a time though. Honestly I'd probably take a healthy LRMAM over a healthy Iggy at this point in their respective careers.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He had huge steel near the end of game 3. He makes a lot of big plays.

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Cleveland could easily be up 2-1 right now.

I don't know what you are talking about, of course they are down 0-3....

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Easily? LeBron had to have possibly the best game of his career to pull out Game 1 had a call or ball bounce gone their way, I'll give you that. They weren't close to winning Game 2 and Game 3 is debatable at best. Steph and Klay had awful games and the Warriors still won.

9. adoo

adoo Member

Mark Steins of NYTimes is reporting that LeBron will

1. definitely not return to the Cavs
    2. be focused on teaming w CP3 and
      • will talk FA CP3 into signing w LAL, who has enough Cap space for 2 max FA contracts
        • LA will dump Lonzo Ball and will this core to complement LBJ an CP3
          • Ingram, Hart, Kuzman and Randle
    3. if 2 doesn't work, LBJ will team w KD to build a Super team together elsewhere

10. rocketseagles07

That’s not what he said

justtxyank likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Link?

12. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

If he wants to be irrelevant then great. Honestly we didn’t even need Lebron this year. The only reason we lost was due to CP3’s injury. That and a rig job by the league in Game 7.

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

another perspective is that
    the only reason the series was that close was the Warriors lost the Harden stopper, former Finals MVP, Andre Igadowa

you only remember the bad calls against the Rox; to the extent that Rox had the home court advantage,
    there were just as many, if not more, calls against the Warrior.

14. adoo

adoo Member

15. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I don't think Lebron
    I'd be sick to my stomach if Lebron would want to team up with KD after what the coward did.

16. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I don't care who wins the title next year as long as it's not Warriors.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Losing CP3 to the Lakers to team up with Lebron is a legitimate concern. This can easily go from a fantasy cloud nine type of summer for us to suicide watch really quickly. Sadly, we would get nothing in return where at least Cleveland might be able to get Ball in return for an opted in Bron. Back into the gutter of pointless playoff trips that result in obvious ass kicking by better teams. This modern NBA is just the worst.

Capela maxed out
    Ryno making 20 mil
    No Cap space to get better.
    Ariza gone
    Harden extension kicking in
    No point guards, forced to start Gordon(injury prone with heavy load) and Harden in the back court with zero depth on the bench. I guess we'll have fun watching a 55 win regular season three point fest with point guard Harden leading the league in assists and getting another MVP only to fizzle out and get destroyed in the playoffs. This is all starting to become Moses Malone like. Trade our 2x MVP after next year to rebuild. There's no Hakeem around the corner.

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

So wrong. First KD already said he’s gonna resign with GSW and CP to LA with a bunch of younin’s nah. Chris will have to work too much with Lebron in carrying that team and that’s not a team good enough to beat GSW

everyday eddie likes this.