1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[thebiglead.com] Rockets Season Preview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by digitallinh, Oct 21, 2015.

1. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

2. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

sorry man can't read that s*** total crap. Biased spiteful crap

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Pretty good read!? That **** was painful. Couldn't make it through the full article.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

This clown cries that we should have had the best record given the roster but since Dwight sucks and Harden doesn't "want" it, they underachieved. How about you mention the injuries, dumbass?

Everyone is hoping that the Rockets lose in the first round. Hopefully they win the chip by winning and doing it disrespectfully. The hate is crazy

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

:D I love how everything that doesn't paint Rockets in perfect colors is total **** that is not worth your time and everything that praises Rockets is great stuff :) Every time someone on this boards calls an article or media member biased I cringe. Because the irony.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Omg why are you so negative? I'm putting you on ignore. Now let me go bash the Astros and Texans because I'm a hypocrite.

7. OpenLayup-Why3?

Ok, I had a glimpse at the article. It's crap. But it's still funny how you react to articles.

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Lol are you supposed to be some sort of unbiased fan?

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Troll.

10. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Biased crap. He posts every bad thing that happened to Howard to complain about. He says how terrible it is that Dwight complains but Im sure no other players ever complain :rolleyes: (go watch Chris Paul). He uses him arguing with Matt Barnes as an example of how Dwight is bad when Id bet half the NBA has had altercations with that lowlife thug who, by the way was walking away as he calls Dwight a name.

Just trash from a Rockets hater. This guy seems to like show videos where Howard looks bad Vs. the Clippers. Sad thing for him that for all those videos about Howard sucking vs LA, he sure helped send them home.

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

It can be fun to read pure salt sometimes.

I don't really care about him whining about how evil we are.

His ludicrous use of Dwight Howard's shooting splits (basically pretending that all post-ups are midrange jumpers) to somehow say against all available evidence that the whole team doesn't get to the rim, though, is certainly proof that people who can't even explain the basic premise of Moreyball probably shouldn't talk about it (aka, the Barkley theorem).

12. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I'm with you, I think it's fun to see both sides of the argument. The guy regardless of the hate still put us at #5, which is more than fair imo. I can name 4 teams I'd rather bet on to win the chip right now. Warriors, spurs, Clev, okc. You can argue against okc or spurs but certainly not gs or Clev. We're still a tier below the very best and you know, the guy is right we need Dwight to step up even more to get there. We need him to not foul out of games in 18 minutes. His plus minus splits at the very least (all career lows) have to be concerning no?

The truth is, Dwight is good but he's been largely disappointing for a supermax player. In regards to the 3-10 shot of his. He specifically mentions how often Dwight does that stupid running hook shot that seems to always clang off the rim. The fact still is Dwight uses a third of his possessions from 3-10. Wouldn't you agree that this is way too high if he's shooting 37% while doing so? Truth hurts sometimes. Wasted possessions.

And in the playoffs even a few wasted possession makes the difference between winning and losing, see: first two games of warriors series.

13. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Look guys, I've read these boards a long time. And this year especially reeks of complacency. The Rockets need to get better, period. We aren't even close to good enough to win it all right now. Someone needs to step up. Whether it's Dwight reaching 08-09 levels, or Jones or dmo improving on our 28th worst defensive rebounding % ( were still a middling defensive rebounding team with dwight)

Our saving grace is our offensive rebounds but we still give up more offensive rebounds than we get. The problem is when Dwight contests a shot there's no one else to clean up the mess.

Capela should help us avoid the jones/dmo pairing which is the worse rebounding group we have and should help mitigate the damage. But really a middling rebounding team with Howard is kind of embarrassing.

All this leads to really what you do with Dwight next year. Do you pay him 25m? Ask him to take a paycut down to 18ish? The dream is obviously to get Durant and play Capela. But most likely well be left with no real options but to keep him and let me tell you I'm betting his decline post 30 is going to be glorious.

14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

If you think the rockets are complacent or have been complacent then I wonder how you feel about the rest of the league. Sports might not be your thing.

15. nobie

nobie Member

"Crackas acting careful around us brothers, RACISM RACISM!!!"
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hFOFCi1uVYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. nobie

nobie Member

I think i wrote this in wrong thread :|

17. alethios

alethios Member

Not a good article by any stretch. It started off bad when he stated one of the key losses was KPap. What the heck is he using to base this opinion on?

Have to admit despite the horrid whiny Dwight-bashing, the wig looked pretty funny.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

All you have to read:

Don't click the link, it seriously isn't worth it.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't get what so many people just absolutely despise the rockets. Its very strange but you can just see it on some of these media members faces when they have to talk about Houston. We disgust a lot of people, it's quite funny.

20. buffalobills!!!

Bring back the Grantland rankings!