1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's it right there. As long as the audience doesn't decrease drastically, there's no reason to stop the cash influx.

ESPECIALLY since the WWE Network isn't hot right now.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think that's all the more reason to pair back Raw. Right now the product is absolute garbage. This company is heavily invested in the network, and even big wrestling fans like myself don't want the network because of the quality of product.

Go back to 2 hours, and have 4 or 5 really good angles and a little filler, instead of 10 minor angles that nobody cares about and retread matches that we've seen. I haven't watched RAW in weeks and I let my network sub expire, because i just didn't care. Although I was tempted to keep it for NXT.

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'd say just wait until Lesnar beats Cena Sunday and we get a new challenger (Reigns, Bryan, Punk). It will get very interesting and all three former shield guys are likely going to be the title contenders.

Ambrose/Rollins
    Usos/Goldust and Stardust
    Paige/AJ
    Sheamus/Cesaro
    Bray Wyatt/Big Show
    Swagger/Bo Dallas

The show is just fine. I don't know how you can deter it's bad if you admittedly admit you don't even watch it. Sure there's been some lag since SummerSlam. Show will only improve when Bryan, Ambrose and Bad News get healthy and some NXT guys like Neville, Zayn, KENTA, Steen, etc are introduced. Still overall, really like the 3 hr format. Usos and Sheamus vs. Rhodes Bros and Cesaro, Reigns/Rollins, Swagger/Bo Dallas, Jericho/Kane from RAW were all fantastic 15-20 min pay-per view caliber matches.

All that is far from boring or retread.

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Damn. Roman Reigns rushed to the hospital with emergency hernia surgery.

On a better note, RAW is going to have an NXT Invasion. I hope Neville is one of the guys and Sami Zayn is Adam Cole's Bunny

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm not saying I know this for sure but i wouldn't be surprised if the Reigns thing is a work or was suspected... i mean they had the match on monday between him and Rollins which is weird since they were supposed to have a match at NOC

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That RAW was different. Any other raw and that scuffle between Brock and Cena would have closed the show. I was gonna stop my dvr after that but then saw there was still an hour left.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

It's not a work. He wrestled a good match with Rusev on SD but I think he was injured at a house show.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Beavis stiffler. My main man Michael. Night of champions is tonight.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

10. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pmtzMFjyUZo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Beavis Stiffler

some links for N.O.C.
    atdhe.eu
    ifirstrowus.eu

12. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vwTwUUo0cdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bZWwbxM1l5o?list=UU3oaf4oGZlPVYrvQ0lx8J9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah I think I might skip football and watch this tonight. I am pretty curious on which way they will go with the Cena vs Lesnar match tonight

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe they can have the NXT rookies join a faction with the returning Bad News Barrett and Daniel Bryan and show up on Raw to beat up John Cena. They can be called "The Nexus."

Ryback, Bray Wyatt, Curtis Axel and Heath Slater can join them, too.

(Kind of interesting how many of these old Nexus guys are still around.)

16. Beavis Stiffler

If John Cena wins, Seth Rollins will cash in his Money In The Bank and win the WWE world title.

But, Dean Ambrose will probably show up.

17. Beavis Stiffler

Wow. Now that's a crowd pop for Ambrose.

18. Beavis Stiffler

Worst. Ending. Ever.

Well not the worst, I say it's the 3rd worst behind the Fingerpoke of Doom and the Montreal Screwjob.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

dont know what your talking about, i thought it was great... sets up the final showdown between Cena and Brock in the Hell in a Cell while keeping Rollins in the picture

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Will they be pushing a Rollins Cena feud while Lesnar continues to only show to PPVs? If so what will they do about Ambrose?