1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

These grown men are the ones who have been following WWE since the WWF days. If you're a Bulls fan, Taker was your Jordan. If you're a Rockets fan, Taker was your Olajuwon. Even though he lost to Lesnar, thus marring his perfect record, Taker still had this aura of invincibility, and even more, the idea that he could wrestle forever.

It's not sad that Taker lost. It's sad that he obviously can't put on a show any more, especially since he's not of Goldberg's ilk (go all out for 5 minutes, perform 2-3 power moves, and then pin / get pinned). I think that's the real reason people were so emotional.

He literally left it all in the ring, last Sunday.

Right on the money.

I bet Reigns' script contained more than walking out after saying one sentence. He pointed to his palm in the middle of his non-promo and I think he said something about having everyone in the palm of his hand.

Sometimes, the best promos don't require a filibuster. That was one of his best promos.

WWE is about the fans. Why talk when you can let the fans do all the talking? Raising the mic and signaling he was about to talk, in which the crowd booed the holy hell out of him? Good idea. Doing it 4-5 times with the same result? Genius move on his part.

Dave2000 and Kam like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

Taker should've left after 20-0, nothing left to prove but the c.r.e.a.m. kept calling him and who can blame him but after his last match with Shawn Michaels his presence at mania has become a novelty act, if he wasn't getting so much money from it he'd draw my dearest sympathies. Roman is in prime position, very similar to where the Rock was right before he took off, they have to go with the natural progression and continue to let the crowd boo him into heeldom and that promo last night was the perfect start

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

The level of heat Roman's promo drew far exceeded HBK's heat in Montreal for that legendary 2005 heel promo!

4. VanityHalfBlack

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying I'm watching wrestling for the wrong reasons? I watch it for the in ring action. That's me personally. You know like a sport? Wrestling if it's presented like a sport, I'm interested in it.

5. VanityHalfBlack

And no I don't get emotionally invested in watching wrestling. I want the in ring action. Is that a bad thing? Am I not a fan? LMAO. Wrestling fans I tell yah. JESUS CHRIST!

6. Fantasma Negro

You mean you didn't cry when Paul Heyman's client BROCK LESNAR conquered the Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania? The only time I ever cried for wrestling was when I found out Sasha sweet ***** Banks got married, but Alexa Bliss' butt cheeks have healed me

7. buffalobills!!!

Hence them trying to make her Sable. Lol. Alexa's thigh and glute gainz are nice for a short, heel fairy girl but I think the others are a little underrated. I personally think Carmella has the prettiest face (with makeup).

8. Fantasma Negro

I don't know about that Carmella thing, if Eva Marie is still under contract she is easily the hottest chick in wrestling period, and I'd kick her to the curb for the chance to play with Alexa's booty. Its a shame wwe stopped doing bra and panties matches because a b&p match with Alexa against Eva Marie with Oksana as the ref is recipe for a new bottle of lotion lol

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He's stayed cause Vince has needed him lol if it wasn't for Shane Vs. Taker I wouldn't have spent $600 last year on WM tickets... My mom went to high school with him and keeps up with him, he is happy with his church and generally doesn't like all the fan fare that comes with him being the Undertaker.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Guessing you haven't seen the Alexa nudes on the web? You can break out that lotion now lmao

11. Fantasma Negro

My phone auto corrected to alexa breeze, I'll see you guys in a couple of hours

12. SuraGotMadHops

Where oh where are my WWE ice cream bars?

13. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Really hoping for Nakamura tonight, he doesn't need to be in NXT anymore, bring him up. Would be nice to see Tye and maybe DIY as well. Smackdown only has 2 legit tag teams in the Usos and American Alpha so adding DIY would be great and maybe someone from the draft like Enzo and Cass or the Club.

DudeWah likes this.
  14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

SD's use of Nakamura was wierd. He seemingly came out for no reason, no words, no match too interrupt the Miz and Maryse followed by a segment with Shane and AJ

AJ with a black eye!

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I view it like a movie. And they have differences, and it's settled in the ring. You have protagonist, and antagonist and it's settled in the ring. I think how you view "the movie" is like you like the action, the gun shooting, the car chases. You like flips, and ladders, and 900 splashes, and flaming tables. I like that too. But I need a reason to like it. What's the story on why you guys are in the ring. For example, let's take Daniel Bryan. Storyline, he was getting screwed by triple H, only to overcome him, and then participate in the main event and win it. The fans got behind him.

I wish they did present it more as an athletic competition instead of cheesy story lines.

VanityHalfBlack and DudeWah like this.
  16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Back from Orlando, so here we go.....

Didn't make it out to Hall of Fame or NXT this time (thought the card wasn't that great), but did go to Axxess Saturday morning session. Fun experience there for it being my second time, meet my favorite NXT hotties Peyton Royce and Billie Kay, man they are gorgeous up close. Got to meet Jimmy Hart, Bo Dallas, and Curtis Axel. Lana, Naomi, Summer Rae, Fandango/Breeze, Cesaro, Rhyno, Neville, Usos, American Alpha were also in my session but they only give so much time to wait in when you have a 4 hour session. Peyton/Billie were my priority, while the rest I saw had short lines, although I am a big fan of Bo Dallas, who was really grateful after telling him I was fan, and his shirt, which I got him to sign, was one of they first WWE shirts I bought. They had a few NXT/205 matches with Gallagher, Kendrick, TJP that were entertaining. Highly recommend if you want to meet them, but be warned of the long lines and you can't see everybody.

Went to Wrestlecon across the street at the Hyatt afterwards. Since i went last year and got pics majority of the people I wanted to see (Torrie Wilson, Angle, Noelle, RVD, Drew Galloway/McIntyre) the only person I really wanted a pic with was Maria Kanellis-Bennett (who's rumored to re-debut soon with Mike Bennett) and she didn't disappoint. Also got a pic with Bischoff since his line wasn't long at all, and photo fee wasn't much. Cool to see Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Doink, Ryback, Swagger, Barrett, up close for the first time. Didn't spend much time as I did last year, since I was already exhausted from being at Axxess at 8am.

Attended the Broken Hardy tailgate, was at a small bar, they had ring set up outside on the street. They had some pretty good Indy matches, but couldn't tell you who was performing. Would have liked to stay longer but was 90+ degrees outside with no shade other than the ring. Hardys had a photograph/signing for a fee, I was willing to do it since I knew they were re-debuting that night, but there was at least 50 people in line, and it didn't move at all the 2+ hours we were there, so I passed.

Got to Camping World Stadium, about 5:15, got to my seat in the middle of the Neville/Aries match, since it took me 4 merchandise stands to buy my damn commemorative WM souvenir cup. Enjoyed the Neville match, but wanted Aries to win, the Gronk Battle Royal match was whatever with me wanting Sami to win, and IC match was not bad, pretty disappointed it was a pre-show bump for what, Mr. Worldwide/Flo Rida? Weak.....

The show itself started out great with AJ/Shane, Jericho/KO, then the Woman's Raw match. That Hardy's re-debut was spectacular. Easily the loudest pop I'd ever been a part of. Loved the tease by New Day thinking it was them, then Hardy's theme out of nowhere. The match itself was actually good, outside the Hardys, the rest aren't known as high flyers and they delivered a very entertaining match. Rest of the card was fine to me despite all the criticism. Brock/Goldberg delivered a match that was better than expected, the gimmick of the overhead view of Orton with various bugs was a cool effect since the whole stadium did go pitch black. The Undertaker send off was the best thing they can pull off. Was I sad? Sure, he's been around forever, always appreciated his matches. Was hoping it was just his last WM match, but turned out to be his very last match, for now at least....

#RawAfterMania was good, but felt last year's was better with Enzo/Cass debut and AJ getting the #1 contender match. Revival's debut was cool but don't like the "open challenge" gimmick since that gives it away, which they did the same with Dillinger for Smackdown. Missed the opener with Roman but boy was it brutal from the replay I saw. The beach ball thing is funny at first but really kills the match that's presented to us. The impressive Neville/Ali match was pretty much missed by the live audience because of the 12+ beach balls being tossed throughout the arena, this was up from the 4-5 I witnessed last year. Happy to see the returns of Emma and Balor. Balor was given for the replacement, my wildcard was Dillinger and if they really wanted to troll us, it would've been Roman. WWE 24 special really hit it on the nail with these Raw after Mania, you have the most passionate fans that are 60-90k+ holdovers from Mania, and deliver the craziest chants.

Btw, for Amway Center being a recent arena that opened in 2011, that place feels outdated already. Felt like an upgraded Summit/Compaq Center, not impressed. I've been to older arenas that are better in ATT Center, TD Garden, and MSG.

Now to plan for next year in New Orleans, a bunch of the IWC, smarks, nerds on Bourbon Street for an extended weekend? Should be a fun sight to see....

#5576 Dave2000, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    buffalobills!!!, Kam and DudeWah like this.
  17. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

He didn't say anything and he had the crowd in the palm of his hands. He is going to be a STAR on the main roster.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

He's a pretty good wrestler but I still don't get his gimmick? Is he just a horny Asian man or is there something more to it?

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Ive always read it as a cross between Michael Jackson and Freddie mercury.

20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Tye's last NXT match from tonight's TV tapings will be vs. Eric Young and the 3rd steel cage match in NXT history, airing April 19th

Drew McIntyre also made his debut vs. Oney Lorcan