1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Did anyone laughed when they showed the crowd reaction when Taker lost? Grown ass men were crying??? Not little kids mind you, GROWN ASS MEN!!! LMFAO!!! KILL YOURSELF!!

javal_lon likes this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Wrestlemania supported almost entirely by member berries, as usual.

3. Fantasma Negro

Yes, that was the best part of the show..beside Seth Rollins that is. Too much filler this year and most of the matches sucked. Both womens matches were good, both raw/smackdown title matches were ass, Orton vs Wyatt was a complete joke and can someone explain to me besides his son seeing him wrestle (which he could've don on the wwe network for just 9.99), why is Goldberg back? Just why? Rollins/Triple h- gold, Mjo Rawley and Gronk- pointless. Shane-O can still go coast to coast and that's nice but I would've rather seen Styles vs. Ziggler or Styles vs Devitt, or Styles vs Nakamura but that would mean Shane wouldn't get to wrestle and I guess his kids see that so meh. I've grown weary of Dean Ambrose, he's completely boring now, he and Corbin should've had a receding hairline match, that woulda put butts in seats. And for some reason, someone in the back thought it would be a great idea to have the most entertaining tag team not wrestle, woulda been dope to see them go up against oh I don't know "The Hardy Boyz". Vince continues to prove he doesn't really care what the fans want....Theme song was dope af tho

#5543 Fantasma Negro, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Isn't that the point though? You're suppose to be emotionally invested in the story and character?

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Team Extreme Hardys as Raw champs. Celebrate tonight in Team Extreme character.

Then tomorrow, Broken Hardys show up on Smackdown Live and win Smackdown Live tag team gold. Broken Hardys say they now have only one more title to conquer in their quest: Monday Night Raw tag team gold.

Then some crazy angle where Team Extreme fight Broken Hardys in a double title match at the next ppv. It could be one of those special effects matches made only for the WWE social media channel and/or WWE Network content. Broken Hardys come out victorious to capture Raw's gold. Permanently deleting Team Extreme and rendering them obsolete.

#5545 clutch citizen, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    DudeWah and K-Low_4_Prez like this.
  6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Blasphemy! I agree they should and probably will get a new one but that should only be with a change to the Broken gimmick which is definitely happening... But the original theme was right to get the pop and IMO should always be used when they are Team Extreme

7. buffalobills!!!

Did not read the smark-like rant

#5547 buffalobills!!!, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  8. Fantasma Negro

Then why comment? If you want to call me a mark just call me a mark, don't be a little b**** about it

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

That wasn't a mark rant. That was a smark rant. He even called Balor Devitt.

A mark would never do that. :p

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  10. VanityHalfBlack

I'm an idiot but what's the difference between the two? I hate WWE but love the indies?

11. VanityHalfBlack

This is what CF is about. It's about to get interesting folks. Strap on man!!

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

A mark is someone who basically just loves wrestling and kinda goes with the flow on who the company pushes. They're less annoyed by little things and just generally enjoy the experience more I would say.

They don't mind the nostalgia acts and probably don't hate Roman Reigns as much as some others.

They don't necessarily know all the rumors and stuff going on backstage and think WWE (or whatever promotion) is awesome regardless.

On the other hand, a smark is a smart mark. They keep up with all the rumors and know too much. They follow all the wrestlers from the indies. And generally just keep criticizing the big promotions (while still watching religiously) nonstop.

Something like that.

Here's a link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_professional_wrestling_terms#M

13. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

So you're saying their theme should be Broken???

K-Low_4_Prez and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's saying that their attitude era theme is OBSOLETE and that they should DELETE it.

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Emma got fine as hell.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  16. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Wow I have never heard someone get as much heat as Roman got tonight, that was unreal.

17. Fantasma Negro

That was awesome. I wonder if Vince knew he'd get booed that vociferously before sending him out there, it made the promo work even though I was over Taker after Paul Heyman's client BROCK LESNAR conquered the Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I shat on Roman for being part of that poor match (and trust me, I know Taker was equally responsible but still..) but this is kind of what I think we want from Roman.

WWE doesn't need another superhero do-gooder like John Cena. They need a guy like this that just comes out and does whatever the F he wants to do. Right now, he's in the perfect position because he truly is a tweener and can feud with anyone on the roster.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

I wouldn't mind seeing him go Samoan vs Samoan with Samoan Joe but I have a feeling he'll end up in a feud with Brock

#5559 Fantasma Negro, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  20. VanityHalfBlack

It's my yard now, LMAO.. From now on there are no such thing as bad promos when you got a guy who can't even go on the mic for more than 30 secs, LOL. Hell Asuka can go for 5 mins and could barely speak the language.

Nick_713 likes this.