1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Looks like we're not gonna get Finn before Mania. I don't remember any good go-home shows for Mania, but maybe Brock and Goldberg can tug of war to finish next monday night.
    [​IMG]

2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

CM Punk, pretty much all of his NJPW run

3. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I have no clue what Joe is doing at WM. Joe vs Zayn?

I really hope this is Undertaker's last WM too, it's painful watching him run the ropes.

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I heard Survivor Series might be his final event since it's in Houston. But dude gets a nice paycheck for a couple appearances and one day of work so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes till the wheels fall off

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

HBK says he turned down a match at WM vs Styles

Rumors that WWE is buying ROH from Sinclair Broadcasting. They'd have all the early classic matches from Joe, Bryan, Rollins, Styles, Owens, etc in there library for the Network and blu-Ray compilations

6. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The RAW tag team championship being made into a ladder match is only adding fuel to the fire of the rumors that the Hardys are returning at WM.

The Kickoff show will have the SD Women's Championship, Andre The Giant Battle Royal and the Cruiserweight Championship

7. VanityHalfBlack

Besides the roller coasters being built at Mania, this might be the worst booked mania in years. Holy **** last year's mania had a better build. THOUGHTS???

8. VanityHalfBlack

Did the writers just said, **** it??? Pitbull performing??? Why???? I thought it was a wrestling event???

9. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Agreed on both points; as extremely underwhelming as WM32 was (due to actual injuries to their guys) the build was better than this years show has been. No doubts about that. I'm sick of the performances as well, but that's used as an extended palette cleanser. I still don't understand why these shows are 6 hours; as last year showed, by the time the main event does come around, fans are tired as hell. Even worse, is that there looks to be very little doubt about the outcome of the planned matches for the card. Shame the only true "show-stealing" match I see on this card (on paper) is Y2J/KO (shame the Neville/Aries match will be on the pre-show). I just hope that somehow the WWE Title Match is the actual main event. I don't want to see a 5-minute (I know I'm reaching) squash match to end the night.

SD Women's Title: Naomi
    Battle Royal: Braun Strowman
    Cruiserweight Title: Austin Aries
    Raw Tag Titles: The Club
    Raw Women's Title: Bayley
    Jericho/Owens: Owens
    Taker/Reigns: Taker
    Universal Title: Lesnar (Lock #1)
    IC Title: Ambrose
    Mixed Tag: Cena/Nikki (Lock #2)
    WWE Title: Wyatt
    AJ/Shane: AJ Styles (Lock #3)

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

WM always has its share of part-time special attraction guys. This year, though, it seems like the card has a number of rather old guys that you just kind of doubt can wrestle well any more. Undertaker, Goldberg... Shane, too (he has the guts to fall from high places, but even prime Shane wasn't a real pro-wrestler and he's old now).

I mean, looking at the card, I kept thinking "Jesus, I hope he doesn't get seriously injured."

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  11. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

You're absolutely right Carl...injuries have obviously taken a major toll on Taker. Goldberg and Shane were never at any point, good wrestlers. AJ said it perfectly last night, pointing out this match is just straight wrestling, no gimmicks or stipulations allowing weapons to hide his deficiencies. Hate that Lesnar/Goldberg is the likely main event when we all know Goldberg can't go more than maybe 5 minutes.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I caught up on Smackdown this week. That parody of Total Bellas by the Miz was masterful. That feud has some supreme heat now where I would say it's almost main event worthy. But I can tell however that match ends Cena will be proposing to Nikki and hopefully getting booed, lol.

Not really that hype for Bray vs Orton anymore but hoping they will put on a helluva show. I'm actually interested in the AJ and Shane match now for the reason AJ won't be the one taking the horrible bumps in the match for one, but he still deserves better.

To the poster above I think it's already decided that Bray and Orton are the main event right? Goldberg will be winded by they time he gets down the ramp. It's a pretty long entrance, haha

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That ramp looks enormous, dwarfs even the airplane runway that Seth ran down in SF.
    [​IMG]

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Some of the less mobile wrestlers might need a bullpen car.

[​IMG]

15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I like the build for the most part. Rollins/HHH is probably what I'm most excited for. Jericho/Owens has been really good, Charlotte/Sasha/ Bayley/Nia could be as great as last years Womens championship (which stole the show), Orton/Bray has been solid. Neville/Aries was rushed but should be a great match. Raw Tag Title match was done well, I have very little interest in Goldberg/Lesnar 3 but it was built up well.

Taker/Reigns was rushed and I really could care less about either guy at this point in time.

WWE Championship: Bray
    Universal Championship: Lesnar
    Seth Freakin' Rollins
    Roman Rains
    Raw Women's Title: Bayley
    Raw Tag Titles: THE HARDYS
    US Title: KO
    IC Title: Corbin
    Cena & Nikki
    CW Title: Neville
    SD Womens Title: Natalya
    AJ

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Possible. At the Rumble the big guys all rode on the back of a cart down the ramp.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

HHH has had good heel promos in the last two weeks, and Rollins had an outstanding one this week. All the pops are for Jericho's catchphrases, but all the emotion is in Rollins/HHH.

18. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Meltzer says Taker/Reigns is main eventing WM, this has to be his final match

JR will call Lesnar/Goldberg

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Nice quick match for good ol JR to call

And jeezus they really want to end another Mania with boos...REALLY?!

20. VanityHalfBlack

Pretty enjoyable HOF show last night. Don't care too much for awards shows but the Kurt Angle stuff was LOL. Tonight NXT Takeover!!!! Oh and for those that follow New Japan, they've already sold out their Long Beach show in July.