1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

You don't need Jericho in MITB wasting a spot, should have put AJ in, AJ is about to win and then gets taken out by Gallows/Anderson/Balor.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Ughhhhh.

Eden is out too.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

As in the chick announcer??

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Scratch above. Just saw the article.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

it only makes sense, but I wonder how that affects whether or not he continues to pursue wrestling, since it'd be harder to get Eden as equivalent a cushy position she had with WWE.

Also in his farewell letter, he mentioned other showbiz possibilities, so maybe we don't get to see him fulfill his potential.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Now caught up with Extreme Rules and Raw.

Extreme Rules was a really good PPV overall. The cage match and the women's match were boring for me, but everything else was good. I've accepted the fact that Roman will never lose so the outcome was no surprise to me.

Raw was very good too. With the exception of Jericho all the MITB qualifiers are fun to watch, but I can understand why Jericho was put in there. Gotta have a true heel I guess, plus we might now get a Creed/Shamus fued; that could be decent.

Also I think it makes sense to have Styles lose to KO. Gallows and Anderson can really rub that in his face or this could be building up to an eventual Styles heel turn where he realizes he shouldn't play by the rules or whatever. I don't think they'll bury him; it's impossible to not see his abilities and the response he gets from the fans.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

So it looks like WWE just announced they are going to have a draft and actually do the brand split once smackdown goes live! Pretty freaking stoked!

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I hope they go all out, and let Smackdown just be the big league version of NXT. They can keep their Roman Reigns and Cena superman acts on Raw.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

THANK YOU

WWE needed this for a LONG time. They have way too much talent to have it all focused on one 3 hour show and so many guys were going to just get buried. This will help out a ton for guys like KO, Cesaro, Zayn, guys like that who look like they could be knocking on that door for a long time.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Awesome! I just might start getting fully back into wrestling when this happens.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Monday vs Tuesday wars? I'm so down for this. I don't care if it last 1 year or 20. I just want to see those talents shine and on TV of all places. Do the casual fans stream anymore? Hell no, they don't even know what a streaming is cause they're idiots,hahahahahahhahahahahahah!

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I could see Finn or Nakamura being the surprise #1 draft pick, and it being awesome.

I didn't like it when it first happened, because as a kid I didn't want to see half the roster on only one show. But I see the purpose of this now.

13. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Nakamura vs Aries at Takeover End.

Is it just me or is Takeover End one of the strangest names for a wrestling event ever?

What is it the end of ?

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Monday v Tuesday, Smackdown v Raw. Shane v Steph.

Just in time (though a bit early) for Survivor Series hype!

I'm glad the split is happening, but what about the WWE title? I mean, let's say Smackdown drafts Reigns...who's "the" guy on Raw? There's not a WHC to match the WWE titleholder anymore.

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I'm interested in what the new 'World Title' will look like, and what it will be called.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Based on what the women's title turned into, it'll be a blue belt with a bejeweled W on it.

17. body slam

body slam Member

So is Smackdown trying to make a Impact on Tuesday night?

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Almost hoping they don't just make a new title I really hate the idea of having two "world" champions... But the brand split is something to get excited about I just hope they actually make the two shows distinctly different from one another.

19. VanityHalfBlack