1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

They said Enzo was conscious now but wouldn't expect him to wrestle for a while

2. VanityHalfBlack

Enzo's mic skills is better than his wrestling. Same goes with the Miz.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

terrible what happened to Enzo.

4. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Chicago Screwjob finish...WTF would they do that????? RUINED a stellar match between Nattie/Charlotte.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

my stream sucks.

6. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Sami/KO match was fantastic

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

terrible but walking away from that with just a concussion is a blessing. that was a great match until that point. I expect Enzo/Cas v Vaudevillains happens on a RAW in 2-3 weeks leading into Extreme Rules. Assuming he passes the protocol.

Charlotte/Nattie was great until the Screwjob finish.

Kind of skipped through Miz/Cesaro & Ambrose/Jericho

Zayn/Owens was perfect and can't wait too see the Rematch at Extreme Rules

Styles/Reigns was a WM main event worthy title match. Love the counters of Styles using the pele kick against the Superman punch (probably the only real offensive way to strike against it) and then Reigns using the punch to counter Styles springboard forearm. Good spots. The Styles forearm crashing Reigns through the table. After the A&G beatdown and Styles hitting that Springboard Shooting Star Press, I thought he had it won. Was waiting for Balor to hit the double stomp on someone or Rollins.

8. VanityHalfBlack

I thought A.J did most of the carrying throughout the match. Clearly you can see who was the better performer. Props to Reigns for being able to keep up for the most part. Cesaro, once again being shut out by WWE. The guy puts on great matches, like for real. So what if he can't do a promo? I want good wrestling, is that so hard?

9. VanityHalfBlack

Anyone gonna watch Dontaku tomorrow morning? It's on at like 6 a.m I'll probably catch the replay cause of work. Can't wait for that one.

10. VanityHalfBlack

As for Finn, he's not going to debut with the bullet club right off the bat. If he's waiting this long to do so, he's debuting with strong style as his tag team partners like The Rockers.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The BC and Uso run-ins didn't do anything to help the match, so I think it took away from what was a very good match. Re-running the match twice because of Shane/Steph also felt unnecessary and kinda wcw-ish.

It felt like AJ was carrying the match, and his lightness allowed Roman to get his single arm bomb smoothly or maybe he had momentum from starting it up with a schoolboy rollup. Roman Reigns getting a true power bomb with the lift looked great.

Several of last night's matches would've contended for match of the night if they were at Mania.

12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I am really digging this Bullet Club vs Reigns/Usos angle.

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Styles/A&G/Balor vs Reigns/Usos/Ambrose or Rollins would be a classic Survivor Series match I'd want too see

Zayn/Cesaro/Owens/Miz will be a great IC title match. This needs to be Zayn's first run. Cesaro and Owens have to be next in line for the WWE depending on who's champ and if Styles turned too win it

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why does Zayn deserve a title shot, though? Owens beat him clean, and Owens never got his title shot.

Miz is champ. Cesaro is the #1 contender because he beat Owens. Owens has a legit gripe about his rematch.

Zayn is the only one, who logically, has no reason to be anywhere near the IC belt. But because WWE logic, he is.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

The logic being that it'll be a fantastic match and he's probably the most over face on the show at the moment

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Sami Zayn Generico is one of the greatest baby faces of all time

17. VanityHalfBlack

His appearance on Talk with Jericho is one of the best things I've heard all week and I listen to a **** ton of podcast.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Sami is right. T2 is the greatest action movie ever made, not Die Hard. Although he didn't say that but you get the picture.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I dont think anybody is the #1 contender right now... Its just a way of showing who is pursuing it. Guessing we get a triple threat for the #1 contender spot.

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Sami Zayn is the 2016 WWE MVP so far

This last month of TV has been A+

Faves of the Year

Zayn/Nakamura
    Zayn/Owens, Payback
    Styles/Reigns, Payback
    Zayn/Styles, Raw
    Charlotte/Becky/Sasha, WM
    Owens/Ambrose, RR
    Styles/Jericho, Smackdown