1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

^Yeah, LU is a series where you can't just skip a match and move on to the next one. Each and every match has a plot and story that ties in to it. I'm only on episode 23 and I'm warned out, right now. I need a little breather cause there is so much going on. Cliffhanger after cliffhanger.

2. VanityHalfBlack

I think I've jerked off more to the Divas in NXT than I do in WWE. I don't know the divas in NXT are just more fierce, hotter and the matches are just that better. Good ol' Charlie got crank one out, hahahhaha.

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Glad to see more people appreciating LU. Season 2 has been great so far, and they're constantly introducing new characters. I really hope a streaming service like Netflix picks it up soon.

I missed Community so much that last week I actually started watching it from the beginning all over again. Started season 3 last night. Even though I've seen it before it still makes me laugh.

4. VanityHalfBlack

For as long as Johnny Mundo's been in WWE and now LU. He's the only guy that still sounds out of place when he talks. It's like he's doing a dialogue from a Quentin Tarantino Film or something.

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Undertaker's WM opponent is someone who is not on the active roster right now which has everyone thinking Sting but theres no way he can wrestle with his neck so I am really wondering who its going to be.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It'd be a little unfair poetically if it ends up being Sting and he still gets inducted into the HOF. While Daniel Bryan can't wrestle nor can he be inducted immediately because WWE wants to space out headliner level HOF candidates.

I'm excited for this bit of Taker news. I was even secretly cheering for Cena's hyperbolic time chamber rehab if the other option was Braun.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Taker vs Cena 5 years too late here we come.

Or maybe angle?

#3467 DudeWah, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Do you think that means someone from NXT? Or like non WWE talent?

Cause Shinsuke vs Taker would be amazing!!!

Also I think Balor with Bullet Club or Corbin could be in play if they go the NXT route. In fact if they were going to go with anyone from NXT I would bet its Corbin. Which is underwhelming but could be cool.

If they go outside of the company completely who is there? Angle, but you would think you would want a younger guy. There just aren't to many guys outside the company that have big names and I could see them putting in that spot.

9. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Taker returns on Raw. Slow walk to the center of the ring. Talks about how the dead can never die, that his streak will live on forever in everyone's minds. There is no question that it is the greatest achievement ever in wrestling, the only question in anyone's mind is: who's next? Lights go down, pyro goes off, music hits.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wXOp9fzYEtc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WCW loses again, 2017 Hall of Fame class.

10. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

So, Jeff Winger is obviously Johnny Mundo, the guy who doesn't really want to be there, and is too cool for school. Also takes his shirt off a lot.

Sexy Star is Britta; supposedly the primary female lead of the show, but kind of screws up a lot in the ring, means well, but is kind of outshone by:

Ivelisse is Annie; went from background eye candy, to kind of lame, to the not so secretly hottest girl who gets the most screen time and is awesome in the ring.

Hernandez is Pierce; everyone freaking hates you, go away, how about you try for once, was an idiot in real life and got fired from the show.

Troy is Son of Havoc, started off as a terrible character with no direction in season 1, eventually found a storyline and became a fan favorite.

Abed is Dario Cueto; amoral master manipulator who is constantly trying to act out TV tropes in "real" life for his own amusement.

Shirley is Matt Striker, toes the fine line between annoying and an essential part of the show. Can be annoyingly one note about certain subjects (Jesus/"hey, I used to be in WWE, but now I'm not, so they suck. Also, I call moves, but not by their actual names").

Dean Pelton is Marty "the Moth" Martinez; he's just misunderstood, I swear! Totally not creepy at all, and definitely a winner at life!

Pentagon Jr. is Chang, off in his own world, tracing his own path that only occasionally intersects with the main group, but a looming threat to one day try and take over...

*******, I think I just wrote a buzzfeed article...

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Asuka smokes everyone but Becky Lynch and Paige are cute and totally cartoonish in the Indy/NXT way.

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

No way it's Shinsuke. 97% isn't going too know him and think he deserves a Taker match at WM. Maybe Takers final match. Kurt Angle would be amazing!

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I totally get that and I no its not going to happen that was just my dream scenario... But I mean the thing about him is you don't have to know him to get it. The first time I watched a one of his matches I had no idea who he was but by the time the bell ring I was all in on him.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Nakumara should stay in NXT. NXT is that much better. NXT>WWE

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

That was pretty awesome, especially the Jeff and Abed parts lmao. Congratulations, you're my new best friend.

[​IMG]

Since everyone has been talking about who the Undertaker's opponent is going to be, here's my guesses in order of probability.

1. Kurt Angle
    2. Goldberg
    3. HBK
    4. Samoa Joe (Not sure if NXT counts as "not on the roster")
    5. CM Punk

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

This Global Cruiserweight 32 man tourney this summer on the Network. Triple H rules, he's put Regal in charge of recruiting talent from outside the company.

Kenny Omega, Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Jushin Thinder Liger, Sonjay Dutt, Zack Sabre Jr, Evan Bourne, Alex Shelley, Jack Evans, Ricochet are names bouncing around

With Hideo Itami, Neville, Austin Aries, Finn Balor, Kalisto, Rich Swann & Johnny Gargano are all probably in

Not sure if Styles/Nakamura/Zayn/Sin Cara are under the 205 lb mark

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

This is basically gonna be the WWE's version of Super J Cup.

The first tourney was on by a masked guy named Wild Pegasus.

18. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

You mean Pegasus Kid (Chris Benoit)?

19. Beavis Stiffler

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

lol the Wyatt family stay jobbing.