1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Kind of yeah, they both came down with the title at the same time and then Seth tugged it away at the last moment.

In the end whether he wins clean or not doesn't matter because the formula has been so similar since he's won. He'll successfully defend his title...A new challenger appears who he has to be talked into wrestling...he wins and repeat.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

And Neville, Orton, Cesaro, Ziggler, etc

He's had plenty of clean victories as champ

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think this Reddit post about Rollins sums up his position as champ.

5. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

For people that went to Night of Champions, is there a place where they sell WWE apparel, belts, etc? I am going to Hell in a Cell (my first WWE event in 14 years) and want to buy some stuff.

Also do they have any deals in there? Like 30% off of title belts? Or BOGO on tees? Or is that only on WWEshop.com?

I'll rep whoever answers..

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Sorry for the double post, but by place I mean somewhere on-site of the PPV. Like inside the TC for example.

7. Empire_Express

They do, at TC there was a vendor truck outside selling merch. However, the stuff they do sell is marked up. The authentic shirts they sell on their website go for 24.99 (shirts are usually marked down 20-30% once a week), at live events they're 30+ depending on who's merch you're buying. Not sure if they sell title belts, didn't see any last time I went.

If you want to save on money, you're better off buying off their online shop. Even if you have to pay shipping, you're still saving money. Title belts on there are on sale once or twice a month, they never go lower than 20% unless they're clearing something out of inventory.

1 person likes this.
  8. Beavis Stiffler

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I was wondering why Lesnar/Big Show wasn't the main event considering that's what they've been using to sell the event. Now I see. Not like it was a bad match, but it was kind of short and anti-climactic. It wouldn't have been fitting to end the show like that.

10. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

My favourite part was watching how awkward the big show looked taking those Germans.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Now I see why they put the US title on Rollins. So they have an excuse to have Cena feud with Rollins so Cena can bury the one thing he hasn't yet, the WWE title itself.

Nothing is more important than Cena, not even the WWE Championship. What stupid f**king booking this company has.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

That's just being over the top.

Did you actually watch the match?

It took Kane coming down to stop Rollins leaving the cage.

If anything, Rollins looked stronger than she has in any loss ever

13. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Phone AutoCorrected to 'she'

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes I did, that was one of the few matches in that snoozer I was able to watch without fast forwarding. It was a solid match, and Rollins looked good.

But now Cena has beaten Rollins 3 straight times, by every logical reason, he should be the WWE champion, or at least #1 contender. But that's not how they are booking it. Rollins is the one chasing Cena's belt while holding a secondary title that Cena could have any time he wanted, but he simply must not want.

So the WWE has effectively decreed, that Cena is the lineal champ and any belt he holds is the true championship. That bothers me, I would rather they just put the f**king belt on Cena than making it look so inconsequential. Now of course this is more thought than the WWE puts in to anything, I don't think they actual make logical booking choices that build to something, whichis one of the litany of problems right now.

1 person likes this.
  15. Beavis Stiffler

I watched the MSG event on The Network. It was more like Monday Night Raw than a Pay-Per-View show.

The only problems I had from last night is that they didn't book Kevin Owens to win clean and the Tag Team titles is the same outcome from Night Of Champions.
    I thought it's supposed to be either No Disqualification or Tables match and have the Dudleys win the titles at their hometown of NYC and then maybe New Day will win it back at Hell In A Cell.

I can't wait for NXT on this Wednesday night. It will be a better show.

16. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4GfXOvhYL5A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6H-6NALZ11I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D0ZVQvfuLPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1tB9I-MCI9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SL_OBvgqeUo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SOez-pHbIK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Did you watch the match? Rollins was on top of the cage when the music hit, it took Kane at least 30 seconds to get to the ring, Rollins has plenty of time to climb down and jump the railing and escape out the backdoor.

So he was left sitting on top of the cage looking like an idiot

18. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

That's more of an execution issue than a booking issue though.

Not defending the booking completely though. Kane should not be having a main event run in 2015.

19. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

No, because if he was still in the ring, he would have used the cage door and been even quicker.

Here is an idea, Rollins wins clean, goes back in the ring with a weapon, locks the door throws away the key and then Kane's music hits, he drops the weapon, sprints for the door, realizes it is locked, scurries the cage. Then he is at the top once Kane's is ringside (He tries to escape anyway because he knows Kane's has the strength to break the door with a lock based on history)

Champ looks strong by beating the US Champion and the Kane/Rollins continues to build, Rollins gets hit looking like a cheapshot artists and chicken ****.

So it was **** booking all round. I just came up with a better alternative and I am just a ****ing mark like everyone else.

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

That's not a booking issue. They aren't having Rollins win clean and take back the U.S. title either.

======
    Cena is the only mega star face for Rollins to fued with at the moment until he drops it too Lesnar or Reigns at the Rumble or Mania. There going to keep him strong if they need a title match while Lesnar & Reigns finish their programs.

It's not like Rollins isn't getting the spotlight in all these matches. He's the one getting put over regardless of the wins/losses. If the WWE title is on the line Rollins is winning.

Don't have a problem putting a Kane/Rollins title match on a PPV where they have Lesnar/Taker HIAC as the main event moneymaker anyways. Makes sense storyline wise and it's the proper way too take Kane away from the Authority.