1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

There's still 4 weeks of buildup left for SS. Cena showing up against Rollins didn't make any sense, and if you look at the Raw main event, Owens has to be involved in a match with any combination of those 6 guys. It does seem like the brakes are pumped on any feud pitting Cena against Cesaro.

Two good Raws in a row is a definite good sign though.

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I think Owens gets the belt with Rollins assistance leading into SS. I seriously doubt they are demoting him, Trips is super high on him and knows how good he can be.

I have no problem with Cena getting top billing, he is the biggest $$$ maker by a large sum in the WWE. It's just smart business. Like him or not there's millions of kids that own Cena shirts, wristbands, etc

3. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

I wonder how Bryan's injury has affected the big storylines. With Cena & Rollins mixing it up, I'm having visions of a failed plan for a Rollins vs. Bryan vs. Cena title match at SS.

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I don't think Bryan being out has hurt the show at all.

Lesnar, Rollins, Ambrose, Cesaro, Owens, Rusev, Wyatt Family, Ziggler, New Day, Stardust, NEVILLE, BNB, Bo Dallas and now I guess the NXT women have not only carried the show in his absence but put it at a level it's not been in 20+ years.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't think DB was in their plans at all for the future. He won the IC belt at Mania, and the mid card was where he was gonna stay. Rollins-Bryan-Cena would not have made a lot of sense anyways. Opportunist vs. underdog vs. underdog is a weird story to tell.

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Seth Rollins is basically a prototype of CM Punk but he is slightly more athletic, gifted in the ring and doesn't come with all the backstage baggage and whining of CM Punk.

So I've pretty much forgotten all about him.

Lesnar working a larger schedule, possibly Undertaker too, the elevation of Cesaro, Ambrose, Owens, Rusev, Ziggler into top billing stars, what they are bringing too the tag and divas divisions, Neville, Stardust, Bo Dallas, etc on the rise and be entertaining every week

The show is still outstanding with or without Bryan. I didn't feel that strongly this time last year before Bryan came back at RR.

NXT has changed a lot and I think fans catching on and what they are getting behind has influenced it too

7. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

I feel Cena has actually succeeded in elevating the US title. Bryan was probably supposed to do the same thing for the IC belt. And as far as the match-up goes, I'd look at it more as top heel vs. top face vs. most polarizing.

Having said that, given DB's injury history, I don't know how the company could possibly depend on him for major storylines going forward.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

SO about that big scandal about to break down?

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Something about Hogan?

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Racist rant caught on tape

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

This also kills Curtis Axel's remaining time in WWE

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Always loved Hogan even tho his whole schtick is pretty corny of course

This is very disappointing if true

13. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

NXT in Houston on July 18th!

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Joe, Balor and Bayley first few announced

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Carmella is so fine

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't think the writers know what to do right now, with Ambrose. He was in a feud with Rollins like 3 weeks ago, and now he's essentially 1b to Reigns' 1a against a reformed Wyatt family. On top of that, they don't really know what to do with Reigns either.

Anyone getting bored of the Undertaker? If this was 10 years ago, Taker vs Lesnar would be the ME at any PPV, twice over. But old Taker is a little underwhelming, for my tastes. Lesnar can sell Taker being strong all he wants, but the reality is, Taker just doesn't have it anymore.

Interestingly that Cena didn't drop the US strap, while Cesaro and Owens don't really have a direction right now.

Is Ziggler filming a movie or doing something else? Why was he kayfabe'd out of the picture? Cesaro could team with Lana and he could feud with Rusev. Owens...idk. Maybe he could screw with Ryback to feud for the IC strap? The IC feud between the Big Guy, the Big Show and the big mouth should be over by now...

18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Taker def has it and he looks healthier and more agile than he's looked in forever.

Just because a guy isn't wrestling for a title doesn't mean the writers don't know what to do with said Guy and it doesn't mean he's getting buried. Wyatt Fam/Shield will be one of the best matches at SS.

Cesaro and Owens just main evented RAW and they clearly have big plans on the way.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Hmm I was going to go all out on NOC tickets but now that NXT is coming I might just have to do both.

Anybody think Taker might stick around for NOC? I know its not his normal schedule but this seems like his last hoorah. And this will probably be his last chance to perform in his hometown.

I'm really hoping he just stays all the way until mania and gives us one last awesome run, instead of the 1-2 match a year thing he has been doing for the past 5 years.