1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

@WWE: BREAKING: AJ Lee (April Mendez) has decided to retire from in-ring competition with WWE. We wish AJ the very best.

I'm gonna miss dat booty

2. Beavis Stiffler

^
    Dammit. I blame the Bellas and their backstage politics. When will they leave the WWE?

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Considering they are married to see Cena and D Bryan, probably never.

I doubt they are heavy politicians, nor do I think AJ Lee would be effected by that in this decision. I hate she's leaving but I don't know what else there is for her to do in the WWE.

It should be Charlotte and Paige's division for the time being until NXT develops more talent

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

She was never a very good in ring performer, nor was she the most traditionally attractive. But dammit she had so much more personality than the rest of the girls it made her seem like the best damn thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It says she's only retiring from in ring performing, so she could still be around. Truth be told she is probably better off as a manager type. With Charlotte, Paige and Sasha Banks on the horzion, hopfully the in ring action should be at an all time high.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Does she really seem like the type of person to stick around and become a manager, though?

6. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

What booty? She has no ass.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You're hero Seth ROllins couldn't even beat some rook called Neville without the help of J and J security.

SO much for this slimey, phoney fake tough guy being WWE champion. Guy is a coward and can't even stand for himself. Very anti American.

It should be a real alpha man like Reigns or even Orton or Ambrose.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Surely you jest sir

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rollins and Neville was great. A few more matches like that and Neville is going to be over big time.

10. Beavis Stiffler

They're not booking Seth as a strong heel champion like Ric Flair was back in the 1980s. Flair does not need his 4-Horsemen members to interfere in every match.

11. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

All of that excitement I had after WM was just flushed down the crapper after watching that pathetic 3 hours of Raw last night. Basically WWE tells us yeah, WM was great and all but now it's back to normal.

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Brock Lesnar is the strong heel champ to end all.
    That said, I bet Rollins goes over clean on Orton.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Are a bunch of guys doing an overseas event or on vacation? Seems like a lot of absences on Raw last night, resulting in Orton, Ryback and Reigns pulling double-duty.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

After wrestlemania, they go on a European tour.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Daniel Bryan was pushing for a match against NJPW's Shinsuke Nakamura. If WWE witnesses it I have no doubt they'd throw a buttload of cash on the table.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The WWE doesn't believe technical wrestling is a draw (as strange as that sounds). They never have, at least not under McMahon. While it might go over well in Japan, I doubt they think most americans would care. They pander heavily to the casual fans, which is why the companies value has been consistently on the decline.

Plus I don't remember the WWE ever doing a cross promotion with any company.

17. SuraGotMadHops

He really does look stupid though

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7RPvMuKfz_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

WWE already teasing Undertaker v. Sting at WM32

19. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Yes, next week, Raw and Smackdown will be in London