1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

True, but the Rock was never pegged to be the top guy. There were quite a few guys ahead of him in the pecking order. When he was poorly received his push was stopped, and he was repackaged. The Rock didn't actually enter the title picture until he had gotten himself over. That's the problem with Reigns, he's being poorly received and yet they continue full steam ahead like nothing is wrong.

As for Daniel Bryan, he didn't have to win. I assure you if Ziggler or Ambrose would have won that place would have gone ape s**t. Not only did they not win, they were eliminated in an even more patetic manner than Bryan was. They had 5 young stars (Bryan,Ziggler,Wyatt,Ambrose,Rusev) eliminated in a completely forgettable manner.

Hell they didn't even book Reigns strong, Kane and Show were only eliminated because they started fighting each other. It was comically poor booking.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

its all very strange because Roman was over... like he really was and people (even the smarks) were enjoying him but than they tried to put a mic in his hand on TV before he was ready and pretty much rush him along and people just saw thru it.

If you got back and watch last years Rumble... there was a point when they teased a Reigns win and the crowd went crazy, its sad that he lost all that steam in just one year.

and sure Dolph and Ambrose could have won and gotten an adjace reaction but i dont think i have ever seen a crowd shut down like that crowd did when Bryan was eliminated. people literally lost interest in the match almost instantly and then it just became a game of, "lets root for anyone but Reigns"

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That was more about how hated Batista was. He was clearly the lesser of 2 evils between those guys. Reign's weaknesses have been well known. There has been absolutely nothing organic about his booking. He struggles in every promo, and pretty much every singles match yet he continues to get a mega push in spite of it.

And the main reason fans lost interest was because Reigns and Bryan were the clear favorites to win. Once he was gone the ending felt all to predictable, but it didn't have to be anywhere near this bad.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

about the only thing that saved the PPV for me last night was the triple threat and Bubba Ray... I really hope he is here to stay and its not just a one time appearance. But they should make him a heel, he is a great heel!

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

He was well liked but he didn't deserve it then either. Only reason fans were cheering for him so crazily at the end last year is because they didn't want Batista to win. Now Reigns has effectively become Bootista

My man! I was like :eek:
    Paige made me watch Total Divas for the first time, haha

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

The sad thing is they knew Reigns would get a negative reaction and they did everything possible to avoid it (elimininating Dbry early-having Show/Kane eliminate Zigs, Wyatt, Ambrose all at once for heat-bringing out Rocky) and the crowd still crapped on it.

The booking for the actual RR match itself was about as bad as you could get.

But I gotta say that triple threat title match was fantastic. Those guys deserved a standing ovation in gorilla after that match

8. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

WWE might be forced to do something with Raw tonight because of the blizzard coming. Oh well, I guess when it Reigns, it pours..

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

It was very uncomfortable to watch. It's like Rock was trying to put Reigns over with just talk, but knew in the back of his mind that there was no way in hell this was gonna go well for Reigns.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't watch wrestling but it seems (though fans on my Twitter feed) that WWF has been sucking balls for the last few years. Like any TV show why don't fans just refuse to watch while paying money to watch it?

I don't know.

#2050 REEKO_HTOWN, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  11. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

#CancelWWENetwork is still trending..

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Why?

Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins (Cash In) vs. Brock Lesnar is going to be an epic WM Main Event

I doubt they are done adding too it either

Bryan, Ambrose, Ziggler

With no elimination chamber, I can see an elimination match

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This isn't actually true.

He was debuted with a lot of fanfare. They even sent Sunny out to the ring to do commentary to put over the Rock in his Survivor Series debut and they talked about how he was a superstar in the making. They tried constantly to get him over, it was just flopping. They gave him the IC title and it flopped. Even when he won the world title, he was not over enough to justify that. The only reason it worked is because he got to latch onto the heat between Austin/McMahon.

It probably seems blasphemous to say now because of who he became, but at Wrestlemania 15 when Austin got his belt back, nobody considered The Rock to be his equal. The Rock was just the guy who held the belt for McMahon since McMahon wasn't a wrestler. The match may have been Austin vs The Rock, but it was really Austin vs McMahon's hand picked guy.

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

No RAW tonight due to the weather. They should call down to Florida and have NXT put on a show due to the debacle that was last night.

15. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

That sounds like an idea. NXT is RAW!

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I feel bad for my man Titus O'Neil. He comes in for the 1 second elimination and he botches it, lol.

He needsd to eventually become the leader of the New Day and turn them into a respectable Heel faction

17. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

No its going to be a 3 hour "Once in a Generation" video about Roman Reigns and his road to wrestlemania, narrated by the The Rock!

18. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

question for all of you...

Do any of you think Stone Cold would have never made it in today's wwe?

(in regards to how they just constantly job and bury talent)

19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I am not sure but imagine if they did with Austin what they are doing with Bryan right now. The company's most over guy by far and completely burying him.

20. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Sorry for triple post, you guys are the only ones in all of houston to talk WWE with currently(lots of closet WWE fans though) lol....

You realize too that at this current rate if Reigns vs Lesnar happens....that Rollins and the Authority could be the FACE at wrestlemania(in the title match).

Think about it, if it comes out that Lesnar is leaving for the UFC, he is likely going to lose his belt anyway and fans won't give two ****s about him at wrestlemania, they already dont care about Reigns, so that leaves Rollins/Authority to cheer for.