1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Worst Top 5 Lottery Picks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Jul 7, 2009.

1. stab

stab Member

I don't agree with that at all...

With the weight of a nation 1 billion strong, with as many NBA fans in China as there are actually breathing human beings (men, women, children) here in the US, what he did in the NBA on the court should not be considered bust-worthy...

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I shot milk out my nose

3. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

No, I dont think so (and not just cause I'm a rockets fan). I think what you're saying would qualify to a Jay Williams, who got injured be4 ever proving anything at all. Yao, if he never plays a game again, to me, proved that he was worthy of a # 1 overall selection. And he played like one. When he was healthy, he was making his way to being a top 10 overall player, and some argue that even last year, he was the best center in the NBA. And this is about 8 years in. If he never plays again, it'd be a tragedy, and at best you could say his career never got fulfiled...but bust?? nah

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Actually 7 years and just 6 years worth of games played.

5. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I laugh at how Marcus Fizer used to always eat Kelvin Cato's lunch whenever those two played one another. Fizer turned into the greatest center who ever played the game against Cato. This proves just how much Cato sucked.

6. AXG

AXG Member

To Jordan's defense, IIRC Jordan really liked and wanted to draft Rudy Gay at #3 but the Bobcats management overruled him and Charlotte selected Morrison because he was viewed as more of a "sure thing" and the team desperately needed to sell tickets.

7. what

what Member

Dude, you must have never ever seen Derrick Coleman, a lazy derrick coleman was greater than 90 % of pf that have ever played in the league. Seriously you don't know what the heck you are talking about if you think colman is a bust. LOL

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

morrison did not have a bad rookie season. he tore his acl his 2nd year, and this season, he was not given a chance to play. I think he can still contribute at the nba level

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Notice how his name wasn't in bold?

10. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

Was Brad Daugherty a bust? Most would say no. He was also a #1 pick, his career lasted only 8 seasons and he had a career ending injury. Numbers similar to Yao's and by all accounts not as good as Yao defensively.

By this standard Yao should not be considered a bust.

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Add Greg Oden to that list. I still can't believe Portland didn't take Durant.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I don't think you consider a perennial ASG starter and frequent all-NBA 2nd or 3rd teamer a bust, even if the career is cut short. Penny Hardaway wasn't a bust either.

Brad Daugherty was awesome. Too bad he couldn't stay healthy.

13. foodworld

foodworld Member

Derrick Coleman had a reputation as a "thug," but it was misplaced. He's a swell guy--he just didn't give a rat's ass about playing basketball.

14. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Adam Morrison shot 37.6% from the field his rookie season. I would not consider 11.8 ppg and 3 rpg good when he took over 12 shots a game.

15. redao

redao Member

Stromile Swift.