1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Worst Candidates of 2012

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Nov 19, 2012.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Texas finishes with numbers 1 and 3! Yay!

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think Craig James should have won this.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Well, I'm not sure he underperformed given that he did kill 5 hookers while at SMU. He would definitely be in the running for most over-sized ego though.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Other than the sound-bite stuff, which you can usually catch any candidate doing, what disappointed me the most about Perry was his goofy little showdown with Romney over the undocumented groundskeepers or whatever. The intensity in his face just showed a blind combativeness, personal unpleasance and strategic laziness on his part. I know a lot of the other liberal Texans who have been scrutinizing his governorship aren't surprised or unhappy about it, but really did expect more from someone with 20-some-odd years of state-level executive and administrative experience; where I assumed national party talking points and voting factions mattered a lot less, and that at the state level you actually had to do real work.