1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The world would be better off if these people never lived

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Oct 27, 2009.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

paging Swoly -- clean up in aisle H.

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

There are too many too list. But if we're going to judge others based on their cruelty or negative value to worldwide relations or culture, we should probably all take a good look in the mirror and consider at what point apathy becomes tacit endorsement and, accordingly, guilt.

I don't have any answers for such a quandrary, naturally. But I still find a reason or two most everyday to continue supporting the death penalty.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

^
    <object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SGeZYednWtI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SGeZYednWtI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think a quandrary is a small marsupial native to Australia. It's true there's no solving them, but I'm not sure if that's what you really mean.

6. rhadamanthus

I cannot see the youtube clip here at the office, BigBenito. Can you summarize?

7. rhadamanthus

Haha. I hang my head in typo-laden shame.

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

(MJ's Man in the Mirror video)

I felt your post needed a soundtrack. It seemed very appropriate.

p.s. RIP, Michael

9. cson

cson Contributing Member

Two Words: W.

10. cson

cson Contributing Member

...oh, and Russell Crowe.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Remove any of these people from the planet and someone else would take their place. Then we would have a thread asking about removing Vladimir Whatsisname from the planet. What difference would it make?

12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dan > Michael

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.lala.com/external/flash/SingleSongWidget.swf" id="lalaSongEmbed" width="220" height="70"><param name="movie" value="http://www.lala.com/external/flash/SingleSongWidget.swf"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="flashvars" value="songLalaId=504684659303549104&host=www.lala.com&partnerId=membersong"/><embed id="lalaSongEmbed" name="lalaSongEmbed" src="http://www.lala.com/external/flash/SingleSongWidget.swf" width="220" height="70" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="songLalaId=504684659303549104&host=www.lala.com&partnerId=membersong"></embed></object><div style="font-size: 9px; margin-top: 2px;"><a href="http://www.lala.com/song/504684659303549104" title="Man In The Mirror/Below The Surface - Dan Fogelberg" target="_blank">Man In The Mirror/Below The Su...</a></div>

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Stalin and Hitler, easily #1 and #2.

The long list of serial killers, drug kingpins, violent gang members, and mass murderers

a long list of pint-sized dictators with napoleon complex

Rahm Emanuel

Dick Cheney

Ann Coulter

David Stern

Wayne Huizenga

Bud Adams

Real Housewives of --------

Art Modell

Karl Malone

A long list of Televangelists who insist they are doing God's Work

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

michael bolton

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I have often dreamed, of a far off place,
    Where a hero's welcome, would be waiting for me,
    Where the crowds will cheer, when they see my face,
    And a voice keeps saying, "this is where I'm meant to be."

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Lol!

Add to the list:

John Stockton
    1993 Buffalo Bills
    Phil Gramm

17. aghast

aghast Member

I disagree; I think this ignores the power of populist leaders and, carried to extremes, the power of cults of personality. Jake Jones probably couldn't have convinced his bodyguards and then followers to lace the Kool-Aid with cyanide. A soft-spoken Jimmy Manson probably couldn't convince the Family that a coming race war could be limned from between the lines of a secondary Beatles track.

In terms of political movements, most obviously, Bush the father was seen as a fake, a carpetbagger = one unsuccessful term. Reagan & Bush the son were guys one would wish to have a beer with. Clinton & Obama are masterful, empathetic speakers, able to connect with their audiences. Gore and Kerry, not so much.

And, not for nothing, but that Hitler guy could really turn a phrase.

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

1. The Team that he knocked out of the playoffs would've stood a better chance against the Bulls.

2. How come they couldn't just lose to us and spare themselves the Super Bowl embarrassments? 30-13, 52-17, 37-24, and Scott Norwood. Even to this very day, I can't make any jokes about Scott Norwood. That's how sorry I felt for the guy...missing a FG in the closing seconds of the most important game of the year that could have possibly giving your city it's one and only Super Bowl.

If they let the Oilers with their 9th rank defense and monster defensive line (Jones, Childress, Fuller, and Williams), combined with the Run and Shoot. It would've been more than capable of making Dallas starters play the entire game...and give the Oilers a fair chance to win, given that none of them went to play hooky with a hooker who is really an undercover officer.

That way the AFC from about 1985 to 1997 would not have been laughing stock of the NFL world and taken seriously as a legit conference, not be labeled as the Arena Football Conference.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I hear you and agree. These folks would not be replaced by clones who replicate their evil. My point is there is plenty of evil to go around. It exists and always will in some form or another.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I actually thought the Oilers had like the 2nd or 3rd ranked defense back then. Even so, I seem to remember the pre-salary-cap Cowboys defense had people like Chad Hennings and/or Tony Casillas coming off the bench; and James Washington, Kevin Smith and Darren Woodson in the secondary. I think Butch Davis, Dave Wannstedt and Dave Campo would've figured out a way to stop our pass-every down offense.