1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The word is out in San Antonio...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by verse, Jul 7, 2000.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Hey. Hey! HEY!

I do not want to dampen anyones hope here with my stupid "reports"!

Oh crap! I just heard on the radio that Duncan is scouting Sugarland! Supposedly, its for his "sister".

Hmm... [​IMG]

------------------
    I Want To Thank God For Making Me A Rocketfan

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/005751.html

thacabbage:
    " Actually Brahma, he has privately expressed interest in playing here, hence you
    don't see any of this on NbAtalk or anything. If the Rockets could clear enough cap
    room, we'd be the logical choice, IMHO.

Once you get past the cap space issue,
    Criteria:
    *Young competitive nucleus
    *Warm-weather

Out of the teams with cap space that eliminates Chicago, immediately. Leaves you
    with Orlando and Houston. I would say we are ahead of the Magic in terms of our
    rebuilding plan. Francis,Anderson,Mobley,Thomas ahead of
    Armstrong,Mercer,Doleac,etc.

Perhaps Drew was not traded prior to the deadline in order to use him as bait this
    offseason? Whatever happens, I do have a feeling that Cato will be traded this
    summer."

Achebe:
    ".........cabbage, where'd do you get this info? .........."

thacabbage:
    "Achebe: that's confidential............"

---------------------------------------------

thacabbage,

You cited confidental source(s) when that thread was active in February.

For you to post in July and stick your neck out with the same prediction means that you have been in recent contact with your source(s).

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum
    2. Use clear wording for new threads
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself like an adult

The Serious Police are watching

Donate Blood!
    All will be assimilated.

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited July 07, 2000).]

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Wow. The dream is still alive. Lately you know I've been thinking a lot about that. I heard Duncan's meeting with Popovich went TERRIBLE yesterday, and that Pop literally accused Duncan of cheating and having talks with the Magic while he was under contract. And even with all the Grant Hill and McGrady saga in Orlando, it has been very quiet in the Duncan camp. Not much has been said like Hill and T-mac have. I've been curious if maybe another team (Houston?) could swipe in and take Duncan, because he doesn't seem sold on Orlando and after yesterday he doesn't seem sold on San Antonio either.

------------------
    Member of the pro-Collier/Langhi movement. IN RUDY WE TRUST!!

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Mango: I can't escape the "Serious Police" can I? [​IMG]

I'm starting to doubt all of this myself, as reports from Almu, Doc Rocket, and Clutch have all been contrary to my reports. I can tell you that it a lot less likely than it was back in February.

However, I still have hope.

EG:
    [*]Had the Rockets made a draft day trade moving Cato and others to move up in the draft, that would put an end to this as we would then have no trade bait to offer San Antonio.
    [*]All we have been hearing about is Grant Hill, Tracy McGrady, Eddie Jones....not much about Duncan except for that trip to Orlando. He seems to be the guy "waivering" as most reports have it.

Pray.

------------------
    "I wanna eat his children."

5. temujinphl

temujinphl Member

brama rocket,

By sticking it out with the Spurs trying to repeat as Champs. Mario Elie may be gone, Sean Elliot and David Robinson's skills are fading, Duncan's the only sure thing they have left. [​IMG]

------------------
    "One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers himself is mighty" - Lao Tzu

6. verse

verse Contributing Member

while i don't see it as a wise move for his future, look for tim to announce either today or tuesday his intentions to stay in san antonio.

tim, IMO, will never, ever, be a rocket. it's not in his personality to do something that controversial (going to the chief rival of san ant.)

------------------
    miles ahead of the rest

7. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

So is there or is there NOT a 3:00 press conference? It said that at the beginning of this thread, but I there was no link and I have not seen that on any other site.

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Actually, I read about the 3:00 Friday press conference on nbatalk.com. Apparantly, someone who worked at a drive thru pharmacy (I think) overheard a Spurs executive on his cell phone saying that there was going to be a press conference last Friday at 3:00.

------------------
    Just because you're white and play basketball doesn't mean you're a Matt Bullard clone, despite idiotic accusations to the contrary.

visit www.swirve.com