1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "We Want Steve" Chants have Jinxed the Chemistry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I think you guys chanting for Steve when the Rockets were winning have affected this team.

As a Rocket fan, What is more important to y'all? That the Rockets win or that Steve Francis play.

Pick your priority. And let the coach decide the playing rotation.

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

you're obviously bored and couldnt think of a BETTER thread idea.

BTW, people chant for steve cuz they believe steve will help us win MORE.

Dont blame a 5 game losing streak on something as petty as fans chanting for steve, or fans chanting for anything for that matter.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah you're absolutely RIGHT. Chanting we want steve, made rafer shoot a ridiculously low percentage, it sprain Mac's elbow and it made Yao tired. It's also made bonzi miss open layups, it made Mike James not pass the ball(To wide-open teamates) and it made Luther head a total liability on defense. And the chants made Rick Adelmen keep "Skip Tha Brick" in the final critical seconds of the game, Lastly and the most important the "WE WANT STEVE" chants made Adelman believe that he could win playin his system with van gundy's players.

4. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

well i agree with him that its ridiculous for us to be chanting we want steve when we were 6-1...well so much for that hopefully we will pick it up within the next few weeks.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

you're right. the we want steve chants made tracy mcgrady get hurt. that makes alot of sense

6. conquistador#11

my uncle, who i had not seen in 2 years, asked me in spanish " why isn't steve playing?" " he is here, right?"
    He didn't even bother to say hi first :rolleyes:

7. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

.......because Luther Head could dribble and Rafer could shoot last year too.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

There are a lot of people who renewed their stock in H-town because of Steve. Him not playing does nothing for the chemistry, him playing could only help the chemistry. Personally, if the fans want to see him (no matter how good or badly he plays) it can only help the team. If the crowd is into the game, then nothing but good will resonate from it. WE WANT STEVE, and the rockets to win.

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Is this secretly a "fire steve" thread?

Steve jinxed us into that hard schedule! Damn him![​IMG]

10. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I think they should start chanting "We Love Rafer" and "give us Head!" to have our 2 heros pumped up and then maybe Rafer will start NOT pulling up from 3 on a fastbreak and Luther starts feeding the post instead of jacking up 3's.. :rolleyes:

11. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Good points. The subtle game is just as imporatant as making shots and the other physical skills. The mind games defintely come into play in competition.In boxing,baseball,football and basketball if you can get into your opponents head 90 % of the game is already won.

Chanting we want Steve in the 4th quarter in a down to the wire game was defintley isn't motivating if you are a player who is in competiton with steve and you are trying do your best to win a close game and the crowd is chanting his name. It's kind of like you are darn near on the road and I think the effects of this were negative.No excuses but to ignore this like they should be supermen is not taking the human aspect into consideration.

Being realistic put your self in mike james shoes or rafer alston's shoes and think how would you feel if you are at home and you are the guy who has earned the minutes and you are in a tight down to the wire game and the crowd chants we want steve.

12. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

WE WANT STEVE does not in anyway help in the last 5 minutes in a down to the wire close game that we came up 3 points short.

13. dbdb49

dbdb49 Member

"give us head "

thats pretty funny if i may add

14. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Which is why I never understood it. I mean, if its an 18 point game with 4 minutes left you can do it, but not in a tight contest. It's just rude. To the coach. To the players on the court. Heck, even to Steve. I know Steve wouldnt want the chant in that situation.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I told you so doesn't either, it doesn't mean people don't say it. Plus, sometimes anger empowers greater than support. Word. :D

16. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Oh, but how some love to make themselves feel better by pissing in other people's wheaties...

17. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

this obviously has EVERYTHING to do with our 5 game losing streak, lol.

18. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

No it doesn't but you do have to question the WE WANT STEVE 4th quarter 5 minutes remaining close game playing the lakers.

19. ekim

ekim Member

Because it distracted the players that were actually on the court trying their best to win a close ball game in the 4th quarter.

How would you feel if the fans are chanting someone's else name instead of yours? It was like "YOU SUCK WE WANT SOMEONE ELSE TO PLAY INSTEAD". How can you not lose concentration when your OWN fans were against you?

I don't think the fans that chanted "we want steve" is the reason why the team is at 6-6 but I do believe it shouldn't be done unless the game is a blow out.

20. blackistan

blackistan Member

Still want steve