1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors have ruined basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 30, 2016.

1. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Jealous much? I bet if Rockets could play like this, we'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

2. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

It's funny how the media have taken the haters into lunatic modus. I know that taking facts into such a discusion is an evil thing to do, but I dislike this contant warping of reality.

1. The Warriors play is not just Threes. They have a lot of points in the lane.... as is shown by #2
    2.The Warriors don't take a lot of Free Throws. This means the majority of their points has been taken through combination and play.
    3. As we look at the free throw #s it's also hard to maintain that they are getting preferential treatment.

Also, fighting the Warriors by going balls to the walls intensive defense works... for 1-2 games after which you are so gassed that they drop kick your sorry remains. This internet wanna-be-coaching that thinks Curry and the Warriors would fail if they would get the hard treatment by other teams are delusional. There's always the next game and gae thereafter to play.

Seriously, so many facepalms when reading this forum...

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i do sometimes wonder if we are hitting peak 3's. at least from an aesthetic perspective. and i say this as someone who shoots a ton of 3's when playing pickup ball and who loves the whole analytics shoot 3's instead of 2's trend.

the two teams in the finals this have fired up crazy 3's in this year's playoffs. golden state just took 81 3's in 2 games and they haven't even been on cleveland's level in terms of firing up 3's in the playoffs. gs shoots 3's on 35% of their shots and yet cleveland is all the way up at 41%.

at some point it starts feeling like a college game where you are just seeing what team decides to be on fire that game. granted, the pros tend to generate their 3's differently and it is fun to watch offenses figure out ways to get open 3's so as yet I have not grown bored with it. cleveland uses great 1 on 1 players while gsw uses screens and movement and passing to get their 3's. but still, when a team fires up 40 3's in a game it starts to seem like all they are doing is shooting 3's.

and in the next few years, it might not just be cleveland and golden state. it might be 15 teams doing that. which probably would be tiresome. i suppose i'm not sure what the answer is other than making 3's longer, which would require widening the court because you can't get rid of the corner 3 without drastically altering the sport. you certainly aren't going to put the genie back in the bottle on 3's being viewed as better than mid-range shots.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

might help having the best best shooters in NBA history on your team.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Warriors broke the game lol it's actually pretty impressive how teams have to respect the three so much that they over play everything.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't like the Warriors but I love the salt all over the butthurt fans here, many of them kool aiders who thought Harden was as good if not better than Curry.

Warriors have changed the way the game is played and have set a precedent. Enjoy it because it looks like they're here to stay for a while longer

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Without the elite team defense the Warriors would have been out in the 2nd or 3rd round each of the last two years. And I mean that as a complement. Talk about the shooting all you want, but they go nowhere without the defense. The development of Draymond and the addition of Iguodala really helped in this area versus where they were a couple of years ago.

They're not "ruining" basketball. If anything they embody team play more than anyone since the '04 Pistons. And they have two guys shooting at an all-time clip, it's not like they are the '06 Heat with Wade scoring more from the free throw line than from the field. Oh, and they've surrounded those shooters with other good shooters (that also play defense) so that you can't just take out their best players and expect to win.

This is coming from a guy that was rooting for the Thunder to win the series.

8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

This is just step one to moving the 3 point line back.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In that case, all the true fans on this board should stop watching basketball as soon as the Rockets hit their offseason, right?

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

If you don't like watching an offense built around taking a lot of threes, don't blame the Warriors, blame the NBA for adding the three point shot.

What is hard to watch is a team that uses an offense built around taking a lot of threes, but doesn't have any great three point shooters.:rolleyes:

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

....not sure who you might be referring too :confused::confused:

;):p:(

12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I think the media overhype is more annoying than the team itself.

They're an amazing team that's perfectly built for the current rules. I can admire their great shooting, but at some point it makes the game like golf. I prefer a game that includes pump fakes and spin moves, not just holes in one.

13. SPOTexas

SPOTexas New Member

Agree 100%

#74 SPOTexas, May 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  14. marky :)

marky :) Member

How dare they find the best system/players to get the orange ball thingy into the circular ring thingy.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not hard to find, the "Have the league let you get away with fouls on both sides of the court while calling the game tight against your opponent" strategy is pretty obvious and works like a charm.

The hard part is convincing the league to prop you up like that and still act like you are doing something special.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Doesn't it feel embarassing to come up with that excuse again and again? Just watched the replay of last night's game and OKC got completely dominated in the 2nd half, Warriors were schooling them in every way possible. OKC played like scared little sh**s and went to hero ball, while GSW played elite teamball and stepped their game up when it mattered. Involvement of the refs in the outcome was non-existent.

The salt on this board is unbelievable, just admit that GSW is a tier above the rest of the league and not relying on refs.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't it feel embarrassing to not realize what's going on when you watch basketball?

If you don't see that the Warriors got away with hacking the Thunder repeatedly without a whistle then maybe you should find a different sport to watch.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, if that narrative makes you feel better, go ahead. :rolleyes:
    Warriors dominated OKC in every facette of the game the last games and quarters, it's that simple.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It really is plain to see, but the NBA counts on people like you that buy the BS they are selling when they prop up a team like the Warriors as they have. Maybe you are new to basketball and haven't seen this before.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Keep pushing that storyline and never admit that GSW is plain better, makes you seem really unbiased. I don't give a crap about US sports media and basically only watch the games, so stop making up excuses for your views.

If you seriously watched tonight's game and still come up with that "GSW wins because of refs" narrative, you should take a hiatus from basketball and get the salt out of your body.