1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors are not playing around

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nook, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I actually don't even think the jury is out on Kerr, personally. In my opinion, he's a flat-out moron. He literally didn't say one thing of substance when he was an analyst, much like Mark Jackson. Golden State must have a fetish for those types.

2. ths balla

ths balla Member

if they got Love and KMart, Adelman would have been a perfect hire for this team

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

They have Curry and that is scary in itself. They may have lost, but they really impressed me in the playoffs. With Love, watch out.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Dismiss them all you want, but the Warriors are scary. Curry and Love would be a deadly combo and Iggy is as good a glue guy as you can get.

5. deshen

deshen Member

no, I won't worry.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I don't see what really makes them much different from the Blazers next season if they acquire Love. Regardless of who you argue is better, neither side really has a vastly better team than the other assuming the Blazers weren't some fluke last season.

Their starting lineups are near identical, though the Warriors are definitely a better defensive team. Now that coaching is an unknown for the Warriors, we'll see.

Curry - Lillard
    Martin - Matthews
    Iguodala - Batum
    Love - Aldridge
    Bogut - Lopez

7. Nook

Nook Member

There is no question there are HUGE injury concerns with the Warriors, especially with Love. Literally 80% of their potential starting line up has the risk of missing a huge number of games. I also question whether Love is the best fit. There will be no post game.

However, I give them credit, unlike the Grizzlies, the Warriors know they won't win a title with the status quo and are going to exhaust every avenue to improve. I would rather that as a fan.

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

warriors > rockets

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

so 51 > 54? (and the Warriors have those LA Lakers and Sac Kings powerhouses in their division)
    and 83 > 105?
    and 112 > 116?
    ...though 102 > 99 (OT) I just don't see how that confirms your Warrior > Rockets comment.

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Wonder if Morey got the sense that Melo and Lebron and Love were not happening if he would facilitate moving Lee here.

When healthy Lee would be a big upgrade over Jones. I don't watch much GS ball but from these comments people seem to think he's garbage now.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Mark Jackson is not that bad of a coach. He may be a jackass and turn the FO people (and maybe players) off. I don't see how Kerr is an upgrade from him anyway.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wouldn't be awful, but not a huge enough upgrade over Jones to justify that contract Lee has, IMO.

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Bogut is always injured
    Trading away a really good 3pt shooter + defender for a stat padding no defense PF who hasnt even made the playoffs?

lmao go ahead

14. Nook

Nook Member

Mark Jackson was only as good as his assistants. They developed the game plan, ran practice and had the day to day dealings. Most of the improvement the Warriors had to do with being together for a third season and better health from their key players.

I am not a Steve Kerr fan. He does not have charisma and has arrogance when he does not deserve to. Still Jackson was nothing special.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That was supposed to be the Rockets. :(

16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If by any chance that Love trade rumor happen, the Warriors are going to be dangerous. They would have everything.

Curry
    Martin
    Iggy
    Love
    Bogut
    That lineup is perfectly balanced, it isn't fair. 3 great offensive players with a good defensive center and an elite perimeter defender. Then add Barnes and Green as back ups. Scary

17. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

It would be a strictly jump shooting team. Tough to win it all just shooting jumpers.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I can't wait till the Warriors under achieve so I can bump this.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That organization is run by Richard Nixon

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Teams "not playing around" have existed for years. IIRC just last season Nets paid 200M for salaries just so they can have an all star squad, and if we go back years ago the Portland Trailblazes and NYN have committed huge amounts of salary in the hopes of putting together a winning team. The problem is "not playing around" doesn't always produce results, despite the willingness to spend and a commitment to winning sometimes it's still not enough and you can be beat by a team just screwing around.

If the Warriors do indeed trot out a team of Curry, Love, Martin, Iggy and Bogut how's that any better than Lilliard, Wesley Matthews, Batum, LMA and Lopez? In fact IMHO Portland still is better just because Matthews and Batum are all solid defenders while Martin is a defensive sieve.