1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors are not playing around

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nook, Jun 20, 2014.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This Love to Warriors Rumor is balderdash. Who wants David Lee @ 15 million? end of story.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Rockets being aggressive is kind of a misnomer. Morey is the guy who surveys the field and pounce when he gets the chance. But he's more than willing to lay back and let things play out if there are no good opportunities.

GSW is definitely much more proactive.

3. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

With Melo we're the better team, with LeBron it's not even close.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Melo will rape Love's fat ass if he has to chase him around. Harden or Parsons will defecate all over Kevin Martin's stone feet.

5. VanityHalfBlack

90% of CF said last summer with the addition of Dwight we be a contender.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That's not saying much, though. Great on the ball defense at PG is still not that great. Because the league rules favor offense over defense. Gary Payton would still get blown by, by Tony Parker 8 times out of 10 with today's rules. We need better (hell of a lot better) team defense.

As for the Warriors with Love, there is probably some meaningfully underrating of how good that team could be. Yes, Lee is Love light, so you're not getting a major improvement say defensively or anything. But he is Love light. Love, is a freaking much much better player than Lee. Much better scorer, rebounder, passer, and MUCH better 3 point shooter. In that he actually takes and makes 38% of them. Love isn't a good defender, but he isn't any worse than Lee. And while I really like Klay Thompson, because of his underrated defense as much as anything, he's replaceable.

Curry, Martin, AI, Love, Bogut is a crazy crazy good starting 5.

But... bench? health? defense?

Also, I'm not sure how replacing Jackson with Steve Kerr is "not messing around"? Yes, there was some personality conflict there obviously. But there's nothing to prove or show that Kerr is a better basketball coach than Mark Jackson, or even a good one at all.

I know Melo is a better player than Love, and he "thrived" in a small-ball PF role... but you do still have to have the question mark of how much of an issue defense and rebounding could be for example against a Warriors team with Love. Melo's a good rebounder in the sense that TJones is a good rebounder. Neither has the size to rebound against real power-forwards. Also Melo costs a lot more than Love.

If I'm choosing, I'm choosing:
    1. Lebron
    2. Love
    3. Melo

Though I'd be ecstatic with any of the three.

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I'm not that scared. If they lose Thompson and replace him with Martin that backcourt will be softer than baby poo. All our games against them will come down to who has the ball last.

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

If Mark Jackson the alleged "jackass" can produce the results he had GS, I'd gladly take him in Houston. Get it done

9. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

So when Bogut goes out for his yearly sabbatical, you have a team with Curry/KMart/Love getting big minutes. That will be fun for their opponents.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Tack on the fact that they don't have any semblance of a bench it doesn't bode well for an 82 game season.

11. boiler

boiler Member

So you're sure Rockets will get Melo if Love goes to Warriors?

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

How do you propose that they'd do that? You do realize that there's a salary cap in the NBA, right?

13. FeaR

FeaR Member

I think he was sarcastic but i could be wrong.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well, remember that was before we signed scrubs like Garcia, Casspi, Brewer, etc.

Most of us assumed we'd trade Asik for a decent backup.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Maybe the Rockets will trump their moves with LeBron James and Lionel Hollins. ;)

I applaud the Warriors for going all in on the coaching front. We'll see what happens with Love. They clearly started the bold moves last year when they made the moves for AI.

16. aelliott

Have you never seen the Rockets play GS? Curry has a big problem playing against us.

All of Curry's stats vs the Rockets are below his season average.
    PTS: 22.3 pts/gm vs HOU 24 pts/game vs league
    FG%: 43.9% vs HOU 47.1% vs league
    3FG% 38.6% vs HOU 42.4% vs league
    TO 5.3 vs HOU 3.8 vs league
    AST 6.7 ast/gm vs HOU 8.5 ast/gm vs league
    Min 36.7 min/gm vs HOU 36.5 min/gm vs league

17. aelliott

No, read his other posts...he's a troll.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The jury's out on the Kerr move. He's completely unproven as an HC, who knows how he ends up.

If I were them and i was set on breaking the bank on a coach - short of Phil Jackson himself - I'd have hired one of the Van Gundy bros

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Our flame out against the Blazers has hurt us very much. The coaching deficiencies are compounding our problems.
    We still might be able to get Melo, if we can move Asik and Lin. It's going to be tough.

20. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Love and Martin for Lee, Thompson and the warriors late first? Sounds like a Kahn move lol.