1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors are not playing around

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nook, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

The Warriors front office is not playing around.

Mark Jackson was a jackass, they sent him to the curb.

They stole Steve Kerr from the Knicks by offering him more years and money.

This morning they stole Alvin Gentry from the Clippers by doubling his salary.

They are hot and heavy on Kevin Love and are willing to go DEEP into the tax territory.

Usually it is Morey and the Rockets that are the bold and aggressive team but thus far it has been the Warriors.

I still think their roster is extremely flawed, but they are committed to doing everything to win NOW.

How far do you think they will go, are you afraid they will throw a wrench in the Rockets summer plans?

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Not sure how they could, their target seems to be Love and we were basically the first team knocked out in a 6 team bidding war, are they any threat to a Melo or even Lebron? not at all. Do they have any chance with Bogus, Love, Iggy, Martin, Curry if we get either of those? not likely and not at all.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Warriors are a dangerous team. If they pull off the Love trade they are contenders.

If we get Melo I think we are in their tier. If we get Lebron I think we are better than them.

BUT...they could beat anyone in a series with all that shooting and rebounding. If the shooters are hot they could bomb you out quick.

4. Nook

Nook Member

They are a threat in that they can take Love, which was the #1 target of the Bulls. If Carmelo ends up in Chicago the Rockets could be on the outside looking in.

5. Aleron

I don't think Chicago are really serious contenders for Love, yeah they like him, but they feel like a leverage team, as they could trump Golden State's offer pretty easily if that's what they really wanted.

That Golden State team, where we have 2 absolutely elite defenders, 1 guy who doesn't want to (and 2 with Melo) but at least step it up a bit in the playoffs, and 1 guy who might just be the most average defender in the nba, they'd have 1 elite defender, 1 injury prone excellent defender, and 3 guys who no matter how much they try (2 of them don't), can't defend to save their lives.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They still have no depth and talent on the bench and that starting 5 won't see the court, in my estimation, more than 60 games together in the regular season.

7. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Eh. Those are really a bunch of knee-jerk on paper moves that have a really high chance of backfiring immensely.

NYK was probably the most aggressive team in the NBA's history from 2010-2014.

Lakers, Nets, Pistons, etc....Great franchises have consistency.

8. VanityHalfBlack

What if they get both Love/Melo???? Poor Rockets

9. Nook

Nook Member

I know most people think that Love > Anthony

However IF (huge if) the Rockets get Anthony, and the Warriors get Love, I actually like the Rockets over the Warriors by a larger margin than last year.

I just feel that Anthony completes the Rockets line up better than Love, and the Warriors already had depth issues.

I will give the Warriors front office and management credit for being willing to spend money and make bold moves.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Definitely a scary combination of players on that team. On both sides of the ball. They're still starting Steph Curry & Bogut. Collectively that duo has played 17 games in 5 years.

11. afk

afk Member

I wouldn't mind getting Iguodala. Lockdown that perimeter!

12. Aleron

I have no idea why people see Love spreading the floor as some huge boon for Golden State either, I'm a (helluva) lot more afraid of the defense being collapsed allowing Curry to cruise around the 3 point arc (like Lee's interior game gives them) than I am of space being opened up for driving to the basket.

13. conquistador#11

you warriors are good.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Curry would have no problems going in circles around our point guards which was the main reason why we lost against Portland because of Lillard. Add in Love/Melo on the Warriors, we talking about a sweep if they play us in the playoffs.

15. Aleron

We have one of the best on ball defenders in the nba at point guard, he just happened to be running some stupidly high fever against Portland that made him look like a zombie.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not sure how Kerr and Gentry can make them more than marginally better. Spending money on mediocre coaches doesn't make them look smart.

Going all in for Love, though, is a sign that they are serious about winning now. I guess they don't want to waste the prime of Curry.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Allegedly Jackson wasn't big on showing up on time for practices or running hard practices and he didn't get along well with his assistants.

I don't know. Players seem to love the guy.

18. Dwight_Hard

Dwight_Hard Member

Bev Curry I still take a rockets team over them anyday!
    Harden Martin Love Cant guard melo & Bogut always injured.
    Parsons Andre I.
    Melo Love
    Howard Bogut

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Potentially dangerous teams

Elite offensive shooters - Curry and Love
    Pretty Elite D - Iggy and Bogut
    Elite rebounding

20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The Warriors were even pretty aggressive in the final hours of the Dwight decision..miraculously prying Iggy from Denver and I remember everyone freaking out that they were a S&T away from stealing Howard...definitely a very aggressive front office in the Bay Area!