1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors are a finesse team. They will lose.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirbaihu, Feb 25, 2019.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

lmao

GS played 11 guy rotation each time they played us while we went to the Classic D'antoni playoff rotation.

If anything in the playoffs, they'll be much tougher than in the regular season because they can just run an 8 man rotation which consists of 5 All-Stars.

People here be delusion af with their homer glasses. I'm not saying we don't have a chance but to act like these Champs are chumps is a joke.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No one's acting like the champs are chumps. This is fake, easy posting by you. Ooh, scary, the "8 man rotation":

Green, KD, Klay, Steph, Cousins . . . is that the scary part?

Then: Iggy, Looney, Livingston. Scary yet?

I'm still not scared. Can you help me be scared?

DavidRocket likes this.
  3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a site for Houston Rockets fans, we're supposed to wear homer glasses. Unless you are from Houston, please don't say "we" when referring to the Rockets. Negative fans like you make this site worse, you should post less often.

CCity Zero, sirbaihu and YOLO like this.
  4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Seriously, this is so silly. Regular season wins against the Warriors don't matter. Context is important and you are being dishonest by omitting and ignoring it. Especially, after you missed the next sentence that said the Rockets won against them last year and were cheated. Using a comparison of THIS team's identity to last year is important in understanding what is wrong with the Rockets. I fully believe this team can beat the Warriors, we are in their heads. However, at some point it requires consistent demonstrable signs that team will show up, aka WINS and not dumping leads. It is no secret THIS team got lazy letting Harden carry them while they had injuries. Injuries are the reason for most of the Rockets problems this season but not all of them and some go back to prior seasons.

Newsflash: lucky, cheating, or otherwise the Warriors have three trophies and would have had four if not for some timely justice against Draymond. They currently lead the Western Conference. Finesse or not, it's not an accident and foolish to ignore facts. The Rockets certainly don't think like you.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

what's ironic is you definitely wouldn't be posting that had the rockets lost. And had houston loss those regular season games, the talk would be houston has no chance. Anywhere along the lines from houston can't even beat GS in the regular season. But even in winning, the talk now is well its just regular season. it doesn't mean much. And in your own words they don't matter. there's really no winning scenario there in either result. it is what it is. you can choose to believe or not. The narrative is already establish. Pretty clear where you stand, but yeah I'd say its pretty silly as it pertains to this specific don't matter logic

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Exactly. The Rockets with CP3-Harden will beat them. The Hampton 5 or whatever gimmicky name they come up with now with Boogie will end up playing lion's share minutes anyway. The "main" guys on the Worriers have always played lion's share minutes against the Rockets regardless of Playoffs or Regular season.

What people can't accept is the fact that the Rockets just have the Worriers' number since early last season. As long as Rockets are healthy....the changing of the guard will happen.

CCity Zero and hakeem94 like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this!

rockets are simply a better team.... second year in a row now...

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

ESPN

Rockets defeat GS means something or nothing (for playoffs)?

9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Again, I think you miss my point. I clearly said we beat them last year. I am on your side that the Rockets can win and think they will but I am not a blind homer. Put the media narrative BS aside but I think that is where you and the OP's ire lies. That's not what I am doing here. If you want to refer to the media, again I agree with you. The Rockets did practically sweep the Spurs the year we botched the series against them. We dominated them in the regular season and first playoff game and should have beaten them in the playoffs but didn't. That's pretty objective evidence. BTW, I f**kin hate Skip Bayless and every other f**ktard that brings that up every time they discuss the Rockets but it is relevant to this discussion. There are tons of other team's examples. Toronto/Cleveland last year. Washington/Boston I believe.

If the Rockets wouldn't have won ANY of the games against the Warriors this year until now I think the fair analysis would be this team has been injured the entire year and has serious hurdles just getting to the playoffs. (We'd be close to out of 8th seed). Their true ability hasn't been revealed yet. I think since the Rockets have beaten the Warriors and other teams the analysis is that now that they are healthy there are signs that the team from last year might still be there. There is really not that much difference in those two statements or outcomes in reality. The media narrative would be far worse. If you want this thread to reflect that the media suck and dismiss our team I think you would receive almost unanimous agreement.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

it wasn't just directed at media. it goes for pretty much everyone including this site. @Plowman thread that contains a poll concerning GS is a perfect example. Well before saturday's matchup vs GS, the results of the poll were dramatically different.

Plowman, CCity Zero and DavidRocket like this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

If the Rockets win it, can we make a list of members that should move to the Warriors board? I understand that me originally being from Houston and that, yes, I'm a homer for our teams, but ****ing a, some of you guys are happy whenever the team loses. I get it, you want to prove a point, but if you're right just to say "I told you so" or not even trying to provide constructive conversation/detailed analysis, why bother?

Yes, we'd all love the team to be better but this is definitely the best chance any team has at beating the Warriors. And if I'm wrong, I'm a fan, so **** it.

I like the few detailed posts here (even if critical of short comings), but the stupid ass stuff spouted on some of these posts are either: A you haven't been a fan that long, B you watch ESPN shows all day, or C can't recall what it was like to have a team that just competes and can never actually get out of the first round. There's a lot more dfe etc to probably go to Z but man, when this team was winning or up on GSWs, it's like crickets.

As a long time Rocket fan, I'm sure 26+ or so other fanbases wish they had this team (even in its current state, **** look at the Knicks or now the Lal... So.... Deep down I think this describes a lot of the posts here (not necessarily on this thread): https://nypost.com/2015/10/17/deep-down-masochistic-cubs-fans-want-to-lose/ also this was a quickly grab but you'll get the point.

This board should just be called, the CF Masochists or have a sub board, where all the masochists can group. Don't get me wrong we all have doubts on a team (even die hard fans) or can be critical (and that's great) but some of you guys (and you know who you are), must straight up hate your lives. Hahah

hakeem94, kubli9 and YOLO like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I could give you a good list because its for the most part the same ones over and over but I'll save that for another time. There's also some others but I don't consider band wagoner's who are more recent all that important

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Well these posts were responses to my posts directed at me. I voted in favor of the Rockets in the poll before the game. I'm on here quite a bit and have been very consistent in my positions. Of course there are a lot of knee jerk sky is falling fans here regularly before and after every game.

14. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I for one hope the Rockets get a 3rd ring this season for obvious reasons. I also want it for Harden (especially) and CP3. Both of their legacies would be wrapped up with just ONE ring.

I also HOPE the Rockets are healthy for the simple fact that I do no want to look back one day at "what coulda been". If CP3 and Harden don't EVER have a complete playoff run together while healthy, that would be a disgrace to the sport in my humble opinion. The Rockets when healthy are the champs. Shoulda been last year. They have another shot this year and I really hope they just remain healthy.

If healthy, the road to the championship goes through the Worriers....but Worriers won't be able to stop the Rockets.

CCity Zero and hakeem94 like this.
  15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

In fact, as long as Rockets are healthy.....I'll say it will NOT take more than six games to take down the Worriers.

If Rockets are dialed in (like they always have been against the Worriers), they could take them in 5. Yep, I believe it.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if we dont sweep them ill be a slightly dissapointed and i mean it.. i cant be satisfied with a normal 6 game elimination

DavidRocket likes this.
  17. kubli9

Supporting Member

I agree, the GARM needs some specialization at this point. Too many posters on here only care about proving themselves smarter than NBA GMs and don't seem to care at all about being a fan or supporting the team. I remember the days when threads topics were about meeting players or your favorite this or that about the Rockets. You know, things that fans like. Nowadays, the tread topics are dominated by news articles or videos that denigrate the Rockets, trade player x, I have grown to hate player x, etc. Nothing about being a fan.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not such a homer that I can't criticize or be objective, but as a fan, I'm the eternal optimist. I always hope for the best and support the players on our roster and usually even the players that move on. I'll live through the ups and downs and a championship will be that much sweeter when it comes, because at the end of the day, it's the journey that matters most. It's just sad the state of modern sports fans in general. They really lose out on the experience of being a fan these days and it's all because they are so scared to be wrong or support a non-champion. I'm happy each year the Rockets just make the playoffs! A sub-forum for these trolls would be very welcomed by me. :)

CCity Zero, sirbaihu and hakeem94 like this.
  18. jowman

jowman Member

8 is all you really need in a tight playoff series. Top to bottom that's more talent than the Rockets have. Other than SG (where warriors have an all star 2 way player) which position do the Rockets have a clear advantage at?

You can mock their bench, but assuming we put Gordon in top 5, can you really say Faried, Rivers, Shumpert is clearly much better than what the warriors got? Iggy may be old but he's been on a minutes restriction and can still play great ball in spurts. The other 2 can fill a role and soak up minutes next to MVP/All star caliber players. Hell they beat us with Looney/Bell as their centers last year. Cousins doesn't have to be good, just has to be better than those 2 for it to be an improvement over last year.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

tl dr
    i have grown to hate fans x
    trade fans x to a subforum

kubli9 likes this.
  20. kubli9

Supporting Member

Good summation but my post was much more heart felt than that. ;)

CCity Zero likes this.