1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors are 8 wins away from being one of the best teams of all time

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, May 16, 2015.

1. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

I would still take the team that had Michael Jordan on it, over them any day

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The OP says IF they win the championship. Some of you guys say they are beatable. Not really answering the OP. IF they are beaten and not win it all, of course they won't be one of the greatest team. Also, to say that MJ's teams were better doesn't say much. The OP does not claim that they are THE BEST ever, just one of the best.

I think what the OP ignores is HOW they are going to win. If they dominate in every series here on out, then there shouldn't be any dispute that they are one of the best teams ever. Those who deny it will just be haters.

So far, they had no trouble sweeping the Pelicans. They struggled a bit with Memphis, which some had anticipated as a bad match up for them.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Exactly what I was thinking, CH.

4. SunsRocketsfan

How can anyone argue harden as mvp over curry after curry has hit big shot after big shot in the playoffs and harden has shrunk away like usual?

5. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

its a regular season mvp, not the playoffs

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but people always use playoffs performance to judge whether the MVP is worthy or not. Think Robinson and Olajuwon, 1995.

7. Homey the Clown

More like Warriors are 8 wins away from being one of the weakest champions of all time. Whoever wins the title this year will be one of the weakest NBA Champions in history. Every team is just "okay". Not individual talent, really, but just the chemistry and coaching and quality of overall play is a joke. Low ball IQ everywhere, messy isolation's and turnovers. Reminds me of the NCAA tournament. I guess the league is in a little lull, after seeing the Spurs' dominance, Heat big 3, Celtics big 3 ect., and really high quality play the past several years. Everything just kind of sputtered out as legendary players got older and the new breed of softies took over. Clippers and Rockets are frauds (I love the Rockets but they aren't that great). Cavs have Love hurt and Kyrie hobbled and the Hawks are just role players all playing way over their heads. It's a bit of a down playoff year with a bunch of injuries and watered down fraud teams. Plus a team of soft jump shooters (Warriors) who could possibly take the crown. This is the perfect time for the Rockets to take advantage. I hope they can pull it off.

8. malakas

malakas Member

If they dominate the rest of the way to the championship then yes. For now they are just 4 losses away from being a big chocking failure.

9. malakas

malakas Member

....no words. If you watch this years NBA and all you have to say is low bball iq and NCAA tournament I have no words for you. Better go find another sport ..really.

10. i3artow i3aller

Beige Bros continue to cook.
    [​IMG]

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

We're 9 wins away from repeating history

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Flaterring maybe hockey might be more your thing

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Since Rose we had prime LeBron twice and prime Durant once. So you are saying that Curry's worse than prime LeBron and prime Durant. I guess, sure, ok, whatever.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has shrunk away? :confused:

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The Warriors would've been one of the most battled tested 67 win teams in history.

Especially if they play the Hawks

16. Drat456

Drat456 Member

You guys sound pretty confident for a team that was swept 4-0 lol

1 person likes this.
  17. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

It's not supposed to be easy, but when you are 2 deep at every position and have guys who can guard a variety of positions, it's going to be hard to beat.

I hope I'm wrong and the Rockets find a way to beat the Clips and Warriors, but Warriors just look ridiculously good.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

IMO,

they got lucky by not playing the Spurs this year. This team is not as good as they're made out to be and I firmly believe that there are so many holes in their defense.

We win game 7 tomorrow, and it's going to be a fight with the Cinderella Warriors.

I'm so tired of the bandwagon Warrior fans. Like, do you know Baron Davis, Steph, Monta, JRich, Damp, Mullin, etc...?

"No, but Steph Curry is better than MJ and LBJ!" (GS fan)

No, son, so.

Steph Curry is a great shooter, but he is not on the same level as James, LBJ, Melo, Nash, Dirk etc.

He's had a great year.

To the GS fans on here, please tell me about a guy named PJ and Spree.

No? Didn't think so.

SPlash Brothers have caused a new fandom of ______(I'll save the word for later)

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The Rockets would have smoked the Hawks in a second round series easily.

20. likestohypeguy

I remember when the pats were one win away from being the greatest team of all time.