1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The W(why)TF did Trump do this? thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Dec 8, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Fox News host defends trump's statement... hopefully someone in Fox management will apologize for his employee... and especially apologize to citizens of the state of Wisconsin who have been insulted by the Fox host's comments...

Fox host on Trump ‘s---hole’ remark: This is how ‘the forgotten men and women’ talk
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...p-s-hole-remark-this-is-how-the-forgotten-men

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Trump presidency continues to add new vocabulary to mainstream dialogue.
    • Grab them by the p***y
    • Dotard
    • Stable genius
    • Shithole

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's indicative of either extreme contempt for non-white people, or extreme contempt for poor people. Or maybe extreme contempt for people that fall in both categories.

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

My gosh... I didn't actually defend trump you illiterate crybaby. I can honestly believe that you can't read someone and form comprehensive thoughts. With all due respect, you are really dense and dull-witted.

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

It's so refreshing we can be openly racist again. He's like one of us!

Nippystix likes this.
  7. ipaman

You see... this is exactly what I'm talking about. Neither this fool or Hilary is fighting against immigration and work permit laws or trying to immigrate all wonderful ghanians into this country. trump is just an easy target, low hanging fruit victory, for the upvotes, karma, likes, etc... the truth is they probably believe the same thing or similar to what trump said but aren't stupid enough to say it out loud. also where was hilary and this fool defending the mexican people when the State Dept. issued the highest level ever "DO NOT TRAVEL" warning a few days ago? I mean let's be honest, that's another way of saying shithole country using "nicer" words. trump is an idiot but to pretend that "shithole" countries don't exist is also idiotic.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. ipaman

So you must think the State Dept. highest level ever travel ban to Mexico is racist then which is great! What have you done to voice your concerns or fight the good fight?

9. gifford1967

Supporting Member

You're the perfect example of someone who thinks they are really smart, but who is really ****ing stupid.

10. ipaman

get over yourself might keyboard warrior. also lmao at you labeling me in such a way that you directly act like so.

11. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Was Sarah Palin your English teacher?

ipaman, snowconeman22 and Rashmon like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If you are drawing this equivalence, you must either think what Trump said is perfectly fine, or the State Dept.'s safety alert wasn't.

Which is it?

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

John Fredricks is a dumbass; anyone see him go on Lemon's show?

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

As much as I disagree with what trump said ... Our (negative) reaction to it and in particular the media's reaction to it doesn't matter and might even evoke sympathy.

I think a lot of trump supporters like trump because he doesn't say what " he's supposed to say" or in other terms "politically correct" or part of the status quo.

It's a shitty thing he said ... Yes we should hold the president of our country to higher standards . But , part of being the president is being a human too . People want to see a reflection of themselves in their leaders . I think to trump supporters , the fact that he is willing to say things like this just makes them like him more. And I do not neccesarily think its a bad quality , to be willing to say something even if it's " politically correct " or frankly offensive.

Let's be honest for a second here ... What are people's actual perception of some of these places ? I think more than half the country would think that the U.S is a much better place to live than any of the mentioned countries. A lot of people stereotypically think of immigrants as poor . If poor immigrants and what you hear on the news or what you discuss with your friends .... Is the only conception you have of a place , then I can see how you might think it's a "shithole" or at the very least an undesirable place to live compared to the US .

Parts of the US are "shitholes" , we have bad, crime ridden, no-opportunity neighborhoods. Parts of the country are wonderful . But collectively , we have no problem when politicians talk about how amazing the US is , how it's the best country in the world....

It's expected in politics and in polite conversation to "say the right things " about everywhere and everything. And it's honestly a bit hypocritical , no ? I'm sure we can all imagine Clinton or some other suit saying " the wonderful people of Haiti ...etc " ... When in reality the situation isn't perfect nor is it a shithole .... But in most people's minds , it's probably closer to a shithole than a beautiful country.

I know this is a long post , but these are just some of my thoughts on the matter . I don't know the "internet" demographic , but in general I would say that I think people on it are overreacting ... And that overreaction makes a bad situation worse . I think it just solidifies what trump supporters think and I think the groupthink outcome is far to extreme and "PC" for my liking.

Prominent figures are saying things like "I'm aghast " and are sharing stories of good immigrants.

In my opinion , the proper reaction is " yeah he shouldn't have said that" ... I also think he's an idiot . But he's played his hand well enough to become president of the US , so I guess there's that . I just think too many people paint things black and white.

JuanValdez and sugrlndkid like this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Let's put it this way. If someone said the same thing that trump said they would be fired at their job most likely. But hey he won the election.

SF3isBack!! and edwardc like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

[
    We should never make allowances for how trump acts or the things we say. It would be like a parent that accepts unacceptable behavior by their son with a "boys will be boys" (gee, haven't many trump supporters tried that regarding his "grab them by the p***y" comments?). Or like Mark Sanford, republican congressman from South Carolina dismissed hearing trump's shithole comment with a "It is what it is".

It becomes accepted. And acceptable. And as Americans and people (and for many of us, Christian people) we should never allow his words and actions to be acceptable. I wouldn't accept that behavior from my child, or my co-worker, or my manager. I most certainly won't accept it from the leader of my country. So excuse me for being outraged. Hopefully others will be enough to remember this in November. And again, each time an opportunity to vote arises.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't think so ... Maybe if they tweeted it out and used the company account to promote it , then yes .

But in casual conversation with another employee ? No way , especially if the one they said it to has similar views .

To me , it's not about what he says ... It's the platform he has .

19. NewRoxFan

Actually, I just took Ethics Training at my company, and yes, creating a hostile environment with offensive comments that create a negative work environment is actionable. They don't even have to be directed at an individual. And they can even be a single act if deemed offensive enough.

Now, think of trump as a leader. As a leader of a church? Or a leader of a school? I know, a horrible, unacceptable thought. Instead, he is the leader of our country...

20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Who cares if it was said in public or privately it was said. It is still wrong even more so coming from the president of the United States