1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The W(why)TF did Trump do this? thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Buck Turgidson

He is very, very good at marketing his name. He's a bullsh!t artist, that's it.

juicystream likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Doesn't sound like they use their clearance for anything anyway. My only thought is that it might be more red tape to go through if a future president appointed them to something later and they had to get the clearance all over again. But they might have to do it over again anyway. My assumption would have been, though, that people would routinely lose their clearance when they left the government.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They usually do, and most clearances are compartmentalized and temporary. Of course my only knowledge of it is based on lower level government employees and private contractors for the government.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

They don't and I am sure they have no interest engaging with trumps people. But in the past former intelligence and admin would have been approached and volunteered advice and insights. And clearance was continued as a courtesy.

The irony is the difficulty trump people had getting their security clearance ie. jared.

5. JuanValdez

I do hope all of Trump's people lose their clearance the moment we get that bum out of office.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I guess I see four routes and three of those routes will probably see exactly what you're hoping for.

1. A Dem beats 45 in 2020. (I find this currently unlikely, sad to say.)
    2. New GOP challenger or Dem challenger wins in 2024.
    3. 45 gets primaried or he resigns amid scandal before 2020 election. (I find this unlikely also.) But in this case, I think either Pence or some primary-ing GOP candidate from the more stable wing of that party would get rid of many of 45's appointments (especially his brood) right away.
    4. 45 successfully goes for a third term or basically coronates Ivanka for 2024 race. She keeps all the shady security clearances.

7. NewRoxFan

Special guest appearance by jeff sessions. Ignoring the fact that he and other trump people have their own worries about this, does anyone really think its appropriate for the lead law enforcement officer in the United States to chant something like this?

Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/24/politics/jeff-sessions-hillary-clinton-lock-her-up/index.html

8. Buck Turgidson

I got nominated by my high school to go to Bill Archer's weeklong program in DC. It was quality stuff, very educational and not at all partisan (even though this was 1993 and the Limbaugh/Gingrich revolution against the Clintons was in full swing), and generally focused on public service and the greater good. Archer was a genuinely great guy.

http://www.archercenter.org/founding.html

This sounds just slightly different.

B-Bob, NewRoxFan and conquistador#11 like this.
  9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

This is what I see in the future

[​IMG]

10. JuanValdez

It's a bit weird considering he refused to pursue an effort to lock her up despite pressure from Trump to do so. If there is a target implied for that imperative statement, it is Jeff Sessions it's directed at. It's like he's telling himself to lock Clinton up, and refusing to follow his own instruction.

But, I guess the audience chanting it, it's like heckling. Maybe this is how he deals with hecklers? Its what I do with my kids when they start whining, "are we there yet?" I say "I don't know, are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

11. NewRoxFan

LOL...

JeffB likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

This establishes the precedence... using security clearances as a tool against critics... I know trump and his people donm't care, but republicans should worry what happens when a Democrat president is in place...

and so much for speaker of the house pansie ryan who thought trump was only "trolling":
    Ryan: Trump Threat To Revoke Security Clearances Is 'Trolling People'
    https://www.npr.org/2018/07/24/6318...revoke-security-clearances-is-trolling-people

13. NewRoxFan

trump and foreign affairs... it will take years to fix the damage he is causing...

14. NewRoxFan

this is john mccann's senior presidential campaign strategist replying to the former chairman of the republican national committee...

B-Bob likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

never too busy to promote a fox news employee's partisan attack book... that's your tax dollars at work.

16. Nook

Nook Member

He is just disgusting

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Not going to get into a debate about Trump’s intelligence. He isn’t mentally disabled, he is capable of not starting a nuclear war during his Presidential term.

However I think we can all agree that Trump is a compulsive liar, the most dishonest in 200 years of American Presidential history and that Trump is an absolute completely immoral scumbag.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I call it the feedback loop from hell.

Trump is smart because people voted for him.

Idiots in mass voted for Trump

Idiots in mass voted for Trump

Idiots in mass voted for Trump.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

20. NewRoxFan

btw, this is against the law (of course, we all know trump is above the law)...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/5/2635.702