1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The veteran PF that we'll sign as a free agent is...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kayman, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Charles Oakley!

He was JVG's pet in NY and played for Patrick last year in D.C. If Kev Willis is looking for a multiyear deal, than, sure enough, there is one more year left in the Oak. Oak will teach Yao, Eddie and Mo the right attitude.

(sorry if this has already been posted. I've been away for awhile...)

2. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

I'd rather have Kevin Willis back.

3. Genuine

Genuine Member

For the veterans minimum I dont see why not. He wont get much playing time but he could be a solid mentor for not only the big men but most or young players.

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

ugh. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that piece of **** will never be in a rockets uni.

5. EMANUEL34

EMANUEL34 Member

I THINK CHARLES OAKLEY WOULD BE GOOD CHEAP PICK UP , I REMEMBER IN ONE OF THOSE GAMES AGAINST THE WIZARDS HE MADE HAWKINS PAY FOR GOING INSIDE AND MANHANDLED CATO

6. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Im still vomiting from the toga uniforms and the karla malone idea......

Now I have to return to the toilet for more Over the Hill Oakley crap.......

7. J.Dub

J.Dub Member

Quit worrying about not liking him cause he played against the Rockets and every other team very physically. He is an enforcer, something we need. He can protect YAO and be an intimidator inside. He would be a good pick up.

8. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

i think he'd not only be good for the rockets but also good for the league. Someone needs to show these little guys that they can't get to the hoop and expect not to get tossed into the stands.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

WHAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!

10. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

I think the Oak would be a good thug for Yao. Good pick up.

11. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I just about headed to the toilet after reading huby_n1's preference to have Willis back.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This must be a joke?

13. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

that's what I'm thinking. We already have an old mentor in Ewing. What good will Oakley provide?? This guy was past it 3 years ago. I'd MUCH rather have Badiane riding pine than Oakley.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How many d*mn EX KNICKS do we want on this team

Patrick Ewing
    I'm ok with . . .
    Spreewell if it does not cost us The Franchise
    Kurt Thomas if it don't cost us the BIG THREE

Anything else.. . is CRAP!
    Othella My Fellow is decent though

NO STARKS ON THE BENCH
    NO OAKLEY ON THE BENCH

:mad:

ROCKET RIVER
    not KNICK RIVER!!!

15. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Kevin Willis might actually be younger than Oakley so why not??

16. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

I agree.

Oakley would serve as the 12th man. The enforcer. Anyone remember Maurice Lucas?

Last year Oakley took Juaqin Hawkin's head off and nobody on the team stood up for him.

We don't even have to play Oakley. If anyone tried to take a cheap shot at Yao or Steve, we bring in Oakley to settle the score. Who cares if he gets suspended.

Also, he would beat the crap out of Eddie Griffin if he didn't shape up.

Oakley would be a great pickup.

17. SLA

SLA Member

lol....that was sad. Juaquin Hawkins wasn't the only guy who got whacked in the head by him. He was like charging and hitting and throwing down and doing wrestling moves on anyone who went inside the paint. HACK HACK HACK. Cheap. Hawkins coulda had a coma or somethin....well he missed both free throws. Cheap Oakley. Why not? For the MINIMUM...absolute MINIMUM....which is still a whole lot of money...he can be our 12th man and enforcer. And Hawkins can be our 11th then!

He could hang out with Patrick Ewing and Glen Rice...was he coached by JVG? Well...he would be a great enforcer. Everyone on our team needs backup. Haha...

Steve definitely...Mobley definitely....Moochie's a nice guy...Hawkins does his job...Posey is cool with everyone, fake Artest fight...Rice is too old, just shoots 3's...Nachbar is you know...Taylor DEFINITELY needs backup...Griffin is isolated.....Yao needs some muscle with him...Cato is just funny.....

Besides..what is that? 9 players? Oakley would be a great 12th man.