1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Vatican calls Obama arrogant; excoriates his lack of ability to listen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 25, 2009.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That explains his ever increasing approval ratings.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

oh not again. For the last time, being critical of Obama does not equal being racist. How tired is that?

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no but continuing calling him arrogant is suspect. what about this makes it arrogant, its reinstating a policy that other presidents have. why is him making the vatican upset arrogant.

bush did things that the church didn't agree with, why do you not make the same charge. I can only think of one reason. especially how some people think no other president ran roughshod over the constitution like bush did. where's the arrogant charge on that?

4. bigtexxx

come on....it's always easy to just toss out the race card. I challenge you to think harder than that.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I notice that you didn't respond to a single point that pgabs brought up.

You have a record of racism on this board. Pgabs brings up some interesting points about your inconsistency, and even failure to describe how the word arrogant applies to the situation.

Points brought up that you've responded to = ZERO

6. bigtexxx

I don't have a record of racism on this board, despite your best attempts to paint me as such. It takes a pretty small man to toss out that accusation. Once again I'll be the bigger man and not respond with insults back to you, FranchiseBlade.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would like bigtexxx and basso to respond to the notion that either or both of them receive monetary compensation per thread created. That would be disappointing, but it would help explain some of these threads.

I have read that this practice exists and will do further research.

8. bucket

bucket Member

This in no way rebuts what I typed. Of course being critical of Obama is not the same as being racist. That's not the argument I made. Try harder, as you would put it.

9. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Speaking of failing / blogs:

Are you Magnanimo? http://jorgemagnanimo.wordpress.com

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've posted the proof of your racism on the board before, and showed the flaws in your weak attempts to justify your racism. I don't toss out anything except what was plain in your own posts.

I'm not asking you to respond to me at all.

The larger point in the context of this thread is that you still have responded to ZERO of pgabs or buckets points.

11. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

His approval rating has dropped 15% since taking office. Now granted, that's from 83% to 68%, but it's a 15% drop nonetheless.

12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

weslinder, I'm basing my statement on this compilation of approval/disapproval polls from Pollster.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pollster.com/flashcharts/scripts/javascript/loess.js"></script><object width="450" height="346"><param name="chart" value="http://www.pollster.com/flashcharts/flash/swfs/chart.swf?xml=http://www.pollster.com/flashcharts/content/xml/Obama44Fav.xml&choices=Favorable,Unfavorable&phone=&ivr=&internet=&mail=&smoothing=&from_date=&to_date=&min_pct=&max_pct=&grid=&points=&trends=&lines=&colors=Unfavorable-BF0014,Favorable-000000,Never Heard of-A69A37,Neutral-1B8F3E,Undecided-68228B&e=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="false"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.pollster.com/flashcharts/flash/swfs/chart.swf?xml=http://www.pollster.com/flashcharts/content/xml/Obama44Fav.xml&choices=Favorable,Unfavorable&phone=&ivr=&internet=&mail=&smoothing=&from_date=&to_date=&min_pct=&max_pct=&grid=&points=&trends=&lines=&colors=Unfavorable-BF0014,Favorable-000000,Never Heard of-A69A37,Neutral-1B8F3E,Undecided-68228B&e=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="false" allowScriptAccess="always" width="450" height="346"></embed></object>

13. Ismail

Ismail Member

He hasn't even been in office for a week yet! Don't all presidents experience the honeymoon period for a few months? That being said, if anyone has a problem with Obama's ability to "listen," they ought to look at all the Senate Republicans who were kissing up to bipartisanship when Obama first met with them, and days later call for an entire rewrite. Yeah, they listened well for about 10 minutes.

Let's hope Snow and Collins make the stimulus filibuster proof.

14. weslinder

Actually, my comment came off a Drudge headline, which as it turns out was an apples-to-oranges comparison. Both were Gallup, but the 83% was the approval for the transition, and 68% was his opening job approval rating. I apologize for being misleading.

15. bucket

bucket Member

Wow, straight-up copy/pasting a Drudge headline? I'd been giving you more credit than that. The apology was big of you, though.

16. weslinder

Don't blame Drudge. He's just the messenger (and by far the most-listened to messenger on both sides of the hill). Blame The Daily Mail. It didn't last long on Drudge.

17. bucket

bucket Member

Drudge has an agenda, and you should always investigate the veracity of anything you get from such a source, and also link to it. Personally, I avoid using sources that advocate one side or another, unless I am using them for their opinions.

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Oh thanks Professor Roberson, I didnt know you taught online on Clutchfans in your freetime.

And Mrs. Roberson, I dont think calling you a loser is not really an insult. Why? Theres a difference between having a different opinion, and being flatout close-minded and being ignorant. And by the way, you are the latter.

And Mrs. Roberson, you can continue on correcting my grammer (<----)

19. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

hey maybe God doesn't give a **** about abortion. has anyone thought of that? If it was such a big deal why would God allow all those babies in Africa and other poor countries to starve or die from disease? The Vatican is a damm hypocrite.

20. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

And if there is a God whats our purpose on earth? Are we there for his amusement? What kind of sick entity would do nothing while people kill each other over religion, money, natural resources, etc.. For someone who is supposedly in control, God sure does a lousy job.