1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Vatican calls Obama arrogant; excoriates his lack of ability to listen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 25, 2009.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

last time I checked, USA was secular. Your living in a different world buddy. and by buddy, i mean loser

2. imatexan

imatexan Member

They should..thats one thing I cant stand about Obama

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Actually they took a very anti-war stance in regard to Iraq. The Vatican is almost always against war.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Let's keep the D&D civil by not resorting to insults. Once again I'll be the bigger man and not respond by insulting you back.

Also - I have tried to help you with this before, but it's "you're", not "your". Please work on this. TIA

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

So in one sentence you state that you will be so big as to not insult him.

In the next sentence, you insult him by correcting his grammar in a condescending fashion.

Your vocabulary word for the day is hypocrite...look it up. Tomorrow's word for you is disingenuous. Get a head start on that one.

TIA :rolleyes:

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, the Pope is really on a roll this week.

From CNN

"JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Jewish officials in Israel and abroad are outraged that Pope Benedict XVI has decided to lift the excommunication of a British bishop who denies that Jews were killed in Nazi gas chambers."

I don't think this is at all reflective of the Church in general, but I have always thought Ratzinger was going to be bad news. Maybe, like they say, you can take the kid out of nazi youth camp, but...

7. Steve_Francis_rules

Did this really deserve it's own thread? It's just about the reaction of the Catholic church to Obama signing a bill that is already being discussed in another thread.

And who cares what the hell the Catholic church thinks?

8. bigtexxx

Yes, it did deserve its own thread. More and more people are thinking that Obama is arrogant.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fascinating! What else are people thinking? Do tell.

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Don't you just LOVE bigtexxx threads these days!

11. B-Bob

No they're not, but you can keep saying it.

Do you get paid as much for the threads that suck as bad as this one? Is there a sliding scale or a flat rate?

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

uppity negro is what he is implying, he's been doing it since the campaign

13. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

This is a story that the media is (unsurprisingly) making into a much bigger story than it actually is. Without going into too much detail, there were four British Bishops who were stripped of their power/authority within the church and excommunicated. They were overstepping the boundaries of their authority and ordaining others (or something to do with that, I cannot remember specifically without looking up the details).

They (or at least this one) have since repented their sins/actions about that specific matter. The Pope lifted the excommunication, which just means that this dude can receive communion in services. He is still not a Bishop and has no authority/position with the Catholic Church.

14. B-Bob

pgabs, I think you are correct.
    Otherwise, the "arrogant" label makes no sense, given:
    (1) Obama's walking the walk on taking in input from all perspectives, being a listener, and
    (2) Hello! Reagan worship anyone? And the demeanor of GWB, the conservative talking heads. et multi alia? The irony could not be caked any higher than this.

Is this really the best the RNC can do? Arrogant?

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wouldn't even care about these threads because I know texxx is just trying to get everyone riled up. he neither cares about abortion nor religion given his posting history. No matter who the democratic president is he are going to challenge stuff whether he cares or not

but i do believe he is trying to imply something with the repeated arrogance charges that have gone on all year. he was arrogant because he ran in the first place, all his policies that challenged the repubs were arrogant, I'm surprised he didn't start a thread that said, "arrogant obama takes oath" :rolleyes:

16. bigtexxx

get a grip.

You're wearing out your "jump to conclusions mat"

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the wingnuts do it to everyone, from day one clinton was undeserving of the white house becuase he was "white trash".

disclaimer: I find white trash a very offensive term, I am not calling bill clinton white trash myself, i wouldn't use that term to degrade anyone, i'm just using it as an example.

18. droxford

droxford Member

(1) I couldn't care less about what the vatican thinks

(2) I don't like the idea of paying money to help the international family planning groups. Why should we be paying for that? Their own governments should pay for it, not the USA. Sheesh - can we keep some money in OUR country for a change?!?

19. surrender

surrender Member

Obama is arrogant enough to pass executive orders now

Who does he think he is, the president?

20. bucket

bucket Member

Meanwhile, conservatives are wearing out the thesaurus in their search for more acceptable substitutes for "uppity" (smug, arrogant, presumptious). Republicans can claim whatever they want about their intentions, but if you were to try to run a campaign based in attempts to paint your opponent as "uppity" while avoiding charges of racism, you'd have something identical to the campaign that John McCain ran. Likewise, noone can say for sure whether tex is trying to get that racist message across, but he's behaving exactly as he would if he were, even after being called out on it in the past.

Sorry for feeding.