1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Utah Jazz Homecourt "Advantage"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2008.

1. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

From the courtside audio of EnergySolutions Arena, you can hear many men and women screaming hysterically just like patients in a madhouse after each Jazz foul call. Are all the polygamists season ticket holders of the Jazz?

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This game sucked. Now we have to hope the Spurs take care of business for us and as the Warrior fan who was rooting for us to beat the Nuggets can atest its never good to count on another team to take care of business for you.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks PROFESSOR CLUTCH! :D
    Can you please make all your lessons STICKY??

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

haha, anyone notice Cassell drills that 3 at the end....just because he can.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. tinman

Supporting Member

What a dumbass rookie! trying to derail Don Clutch-leone's thread.

You know what tops this Jazz clock incident was the Spurs David Robinson tip in incident.

7. Lumix

Lumix Member

Notorious Jazz Homecourt - was this the origin? :)
    Anyway, if I were a clockman for the Rockets homecourt, I probably would do the same thing for the Rockets... Yes, I would, definitely, given such a chance.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Utah's "homecourt advantage" is certainly more than your usual homecourt advantage.

Their split is ridiculous. 37-4 vs. 17-23. This isn't even about some special properties of the arena like Coors Field or the weather like in Green Bay. We're talking about an indoor stadium here.

The Jazz are downright mediocre on the road.

9. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I HATE THE JAZZ. Why do they get away with so much stuff? I was watching the Mavs/Jazz game the other day, and they had an inbounds play to get Deron open. While the play is happening I see Boozer PUSH Juwan INTO Eddie Jones ( who was Deron's defender) and Jones falls down. No call. Deron hits an open jumper. Granted, it was the Mavs, but I still hate it that the Jazz get away with crap like that.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Speaking of Homecourt Advantage.

THat bell tonight was annoying.

I also remember someone being kicked out of the arena for using a saxaphone that sounded like the buzzer, which is actually a good thing.

11. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Some local BBall commentators here said that their arena is located at highland area. Players of visiting teams may not be accustomed to the environment (e.g. low concentration of oxygen) and could be easily fatigue.

This is particularly true in international soccer games but I am not sure about indoor games. I am not even sure if their EnergySolutions Arena is located at a highland area or not. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

12. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

I saw a website that says Utah purposely over-inflated their basketballs. Something like closed to 9 psi pressure level when the norm is 7.5. Then they analyze the jump shooting percentage of Utah players and find that they shoot worst at home.

Utah is doing this because Slogan's system favors layup.

Can someone help me to find the source?

13. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I am not pleased at the thought of another 7-game series with these guys. It's ugly basketball, and the sloan methodology of "fouling until the refs become accustomed to it" drives me crazy.

It's just plain not fun to watch.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I love how sam shot the 3 with 1 second left and the rockets were winning

15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Ah, memories. I remember me, my dad, and brother jumping up and down yelling at the TV just like Gene and Jim.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

God that gave me a flashback. My parents had no idea what the hell I was screaming about, I was jumping up and down like a crazy person.

At least the Rockets pulled it out or it'd have been up there with the bear hug in 97

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think the elevation is any higher than Denver so if visiting players can handle the Nuggets then they should be able to handle the Jazz.

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Haha thats pretty cool how Sam drains the three at the end.. LMAO

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That was so freakin' unreal. Great how the guys said in the interview that Utah had only this one damn team to root for and the timekeeper must have been a Jazz fan. No kidding!

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Also interesting how Cassell and Kenny Smith are on the floor together -- not to mention a Jazz fan had to be very frustrated that the ball never got in John Stockton's hands. The Rockets played solid defense for 64 seconds there in the final 13.5 seconds.