1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Undefeated] James Harden: ‘We are for real as it can get’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 22, 2018.

1. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wasn't what I expected at all.

Fullcourt and AceOfSpades like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep in the players' POV they really confident with their own contributions and championship ready version of themselves

now it's upto Morey if he can still improve the roster where 1/5th of the salary is paid to a player or group of players who can contribute relatively

and upto MDA to be able to play, develop, and manage as deep as rotation (10+) as Pops and Kerr

4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I would much rather say Rockets can't beat warriors no way that way if they don't I wont be sad.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

In the end. . . they got as close any Tmac team

Rocket River

6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

What your ones look like cuzzzzzzzzzzz

D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

what pieces do you think?

I think the core foundation is there currently. Hou has their stars, the experience, versatility, being deep, etc. I actually think it just comes down to actual execution at this point, particularity defensively. We can always say there's room to upgrade but where this team sits now relative to the best teams out their currently. What other missing pieces would really be a significant improvement without lacking somewhere else.

When hou has those games where they're on point defensively, they are definitely a championship caliber team. Improvement amongst the team itself could be the best answer and i believe theres room for that

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Right... though that kind of plays into it.

What happens if DM does move a "meaningful" piece? Not sure what meaningful means, though, but clearly you'd ideally move Ryno. I assume they wouldn't say "WTF?? We were already for real, for real, real?" Ha.

Glad they have confidence. April+ is a LONG way away.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If they're going to quote Hakeem Olajuwon, they should have relayed this to the team.

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  10. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

From now on. ALL postgame recaps should be this.

Rocket River and AceOfSpades like this.
  11. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah, the others aren't rolling over for anyone. And even if the Rockets beat the Warriors, it means nothing if they fumble the finals away to whichever Eastern team is waiting.

napalm06 likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the most important part.

Keeping it REAL

s3ts likes this.
  13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Now I want a Rockets version of the Bullet Club shirt.

[​IMG]

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

@YOLO
    @photojoe

against GS still need another interior defender/rebounder for when capela sits or is in foul trouble. also can't gamble on nene holding up through 3 playoff rounds. hopefully we could pick up chandler on a buyout. otherwise morey would have to pull a rabbit out of his hat somewhere. even against the sperms we need size to compete with their bigs.

i'm not enamoured with our forwards offensively either, none of whom can put the ball on the floor and get to the basket. when the defense tightens up you need that guy who can still score in traffic off broken plays, a la @Carl Herrera

my pipe dream would be SAC letting zach go for ryno :D

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i would love a guy like chandler to be a backup 5. he also has the qualities i mentioned in the op as a veteran and experience. But i mean nene is good enough to be that backup imo and really the only thing holding him back is his health. tough situation there as they are obviously trying to maintain him til the playoffs and the long run

i think our forward situation is built around our guys cp3, harden, and EG. they compliment them very well. If were talking about a forward like pg13, i completely agree he would fit this team very well but for what we have now, guys that are defensive minded first are needed against GS as well.

da_juice likes this.
  16. photojoe

photojoe Member

We obviously aren't talking about the same sport.

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

nene has gone down 7 consecutive seasons now. he was great against OKC and adams, and against SAS the first 3 games. but we saw how hollow our interior is without him in the middle. i mean ryno and beard were getting worn down by SAS bigs. i just don't want to take that chance again when we have a true contending team. tarik is too inconsistent and racks up fouls real quick from the b****ass refs.

and hopefully morey can find a cheap off the radar forward to add to the roster. b/c gerald doesn't have the length/strength or sand in his pants to play too much in the paint i think :D

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was Kendrick Lamar before Kendrick Lamar!
    Keep it Real, that's what we do

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man that video is so EPIC!!

Rocket River

s3ts and clutch citizen like this.
  20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

So f'ing cheesy but I enjoyed it lol

D-rock likes this.