1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Undefeated] Austin Rivers: ‘It’s the happiest I’ve been in my career’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jan 8, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

FIFH

[​IMG]

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

teammate James Harden said. “I don’t know where he came from, but to me he is much whiter than his dad....

BigMaloe, RocketWalta, vince and 5 others like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

OK . . Since it will mean 1st off the bench

Rocket River

D-rock and vince like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Affluenza Epidemic of '08 was our generation's Spanish Flu.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The "we're making tens of millions of dollars" industry.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I am damn happy

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I agree but as usual with “other teams players we hate” we don’t always have the full story of who they are or an understanding of what makes them tick and we let our bias take over. It’s natural human nature but it’s fascinating how we divulge ourselves once we get more information and they’re our guy.

Having said that Curry is a full blown b**** and reminds us quite often

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I never liked Austin, hell I remember seeing his dad with him at kids bball in San Antonio when my oldest son was playing. He just always seemed like an entitled brat, but now he's a Rocket and I love the hustle and new offensive presence he's brought to our squad. He's been vital to this win streak and will continue to be important even when Gordon and Paul return.

ramotadab, BigMaloe, Smacktle and 4 others like this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

True. Curry, Rondo, Bruce Bowen.. some guys are just true tools. Others are just in the 'dislikable, but redeemable' category.

Smacktle, clutchdabear and Rock Block like this.
  10. vince

vince Member

Might be time to manage CP3’s minutes a little bit better. Maybe get him to 28-30 minutes a game, that is 2 1/2 quarters of playing time, the Rockets need to keep him fresh for the playoff run. Austin Rivers has shown he is capable of earning 30 minutes a game himself backing up both PG and SG...

ramotadab and Smacktle like this.
  11. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

True, but still he can make his tens of millions on the 29 other teams that don’t have his dad as boss. Not like he can’t make millions elsewhere and not have to answer to dad.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Austin must also be happy for the success of his dad, Philip Rivers.

BigMaloe and J.R. like this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I think he's gonna be happy bc he knows that we could get back to number 1 seed and finish what Foster and Brothers ended last year.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Hmm, interesting but am pretty sure once everyone is healthy and Gordon starting he'll be our 6th man and subbed in early in the game once cp3 gets his usual early rest

Fiah likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Rivers will get minutes regardless.

Rivers is one of the few consistent defenders and he has the confidence of Harden.

We will see Harden more at the 3 if necessary... he defends there better anyway.

ramotadab, Deuce, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

He can pitch it anyway he wants... all I know is that the game clicks for him in pressure and big game situations... it’s the reason I expect Rivers to be on the floor at the end of a close playoff game and not Gordon.

17. Nook

Nook Member

We need Knight dealt.

Rivers will force his way on to the floor, plus we will see Harden more at the 3.

Smacktle and Rock Block like this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't think he's that kind of guy tbh. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

This is true, I just don't buy into it because if we're starting Gordon and CP3 in the backcourt, we are not winning anything anyway. A switching defense can't survive when Cousins and Durant can shoot over 4 of our 5 starters even with their feet set.

I don't have a problem with Harden at the 3, and with the line up you describe we are a top 3 team, but I don't think we can overcome how badly we would get abused in the frontcourt against the Warriors.

Tilman wants Knight dealt for cap relief. I get it. I just don't want us to pay a pick for his cap relief in exchange for nothing of value. Get a forward, drop House/Green/Ennis down to backup the 2 spot. The midget line up won't work. Not cause small ball doesn't work, but because their tall guys are as fast/quick as our small guys. The mismatch is not significant.

ryano2009 likes this.
  19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I dig Austin rivers his D has been fantastic he’s scoring the ball the rockets way 3s and layups. He can create his own shot.

But what gets me most excited is he actually a good playmaker.

He had a pass in the nuggets game that iv only seen harden do this year. Threw a perfect pocket bounce pass down the middle of the lane to Clint between 2 defenders for the dunk.

His passing is really good.

Easily the 3rd best playmaker on the team.

I can see him avg 12 and 5 eveb when cp3 and Gordon come back. He’ll still get 28+ min a night. Her that good and important.

The team is different from last year but in a strange way when at full strength I actually think we might be a better team just be because of rivers playmaking to go along with his scoring and D.

Obviously House and nene playing this year has been big booms.

House is really a solid player and is rotation worthy.

He’s a legit sf is really athletic plays hard D and hits threes that are tough shots just like Green.

Gearld has been great now that he’s heald from his ankle problems. He’s perfect for what we need as a 7-8th man.

Good for Chunking up threes and naming them at a respectable clip while taking really hard shots off the screens.

Rockets when healthy are deeper than ppl think.

ramotadab and Rocket River like this.
  20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

p*rnography

...wait

Rock Block likes this.