1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Unbelievable Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Feb 12, 2013.

1. wapz

wapz Member

nice foul bev

anyway, brooks is gonna be put in soon

2. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

His block on Dirk is on SportsCenter, pretty awesome lol.

3. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Did like a 1 minute segment on it I mean, not just on a highlight mix.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love Bev, but he needs to take the open shot when he is left wide open. As soon as he doesn't, the whole defenses collapses into the paint which clogs up driving lanes for others.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It seems his play is getting better and better with every game.

6. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

By scoring 0 pts in 23 mins?

7. Jovial

Jovial Member

I watched every game this season. Bev is an engergic guy and helps a team a lot from bench.

Not his fault at all to lose last game. It's McFail

8. CCM721

CCM721 Member

You know basketball is more than scoring right?

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He did so many other things that i didn't even notice him not scoring.

10. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

And let's not forget since the recent 2K roster update (adding Beverley), he is rated a whopping 72!!!

He has 3pt and lay up ratings in the 80's plus lot's of speed. That is really good! But I can't hit 3's with him due to his strange jump shot style. I don't know when to release.

11. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Not 10 pts. Not 5 pts. Zero. So if Lin had zero pts in a game you would be singing his praises even if he had a solid defensive effort and 6-10 assists? Do we really need to pull out every GARM game thread this year to see what people's reactions are when Lin scores fewer than 10 pts? "True Rox fans" have been ragging on Lin's scoring all year.

12. CCM721

CCM721 Member

How is what Beverley doing relevant to Lin's performance? They are in completely different roles, and Beverley is doing a great job in his.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They only rag on Lin's scoring because he is inconsistent. Plus he is not a very good defender. I don't really expect Beverley to score a lot,but he always gives a very good defensive boost. He just looks more energetic than Lin.

14. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

You realize NBA.com listed Asik and Lin as potential DYOP candidates this year right? You think PB looks more energetic... And clearly that is the most important qualifying factor.

15. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Ummm 1. To show the hypocrisy of people on this board and 2. You are really asking me this after last night's game when PB played 15 straight minutes while Lin was benched (yet again)?

1 person likes this.
  16. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Beverley does his job well as the backup (not counting last night game where he has equal minutes as the starting PG) and I think that should be praised. He brought a lot to our defense since Harden for some reason decides not to play D.

Of course, the 0 point in 23 minutes is quite glaring, but that might simply be due to design. Perhaps McHale prefers his point guard to pass more instead of looking to score, which Beverley did okay. Obviously the offense yesterday during the 4th quarter is stagnant with Harden's iso, but again, that's probably is due to design. I hope McHale can draw something else besides that overused and not so effective play, especially during crunch time.

I was thinking that maybe Lin could take over as the 6th man point guard for the second unit when Harden is resting, which takes off some offense for some extra defense, and we could take full advantage of Lin's strength.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

All this proves is that LOF's have taken over NBA.com because Lin has only had a few good defensive performances this season. Nothing worth being named anything close to being a DYOP. Beverley is definitely a better defender than Lin. Please.:rolleyes:

18. dxdx

dxdx Member

You know scoring wins you games right?

19. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

... for keeping Bev in there too long and in critical moments

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

I've basically never seen criticism of Lin's lack of points. It's basically about his shooting. Whether it's him missing shots, or him refusing to take open shots and therefore shuts down the lane.

If Beverley had shot 0-10 or something last night, you'd see much different reactions.