1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Unbelievable Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

The guy is a troll. He does it to piss people off. I seriously doubt anyone's IQ could be that low.

2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

And for quite a while also one too many D and two too many O :grin:

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

That's actually true. When Steph Curry came back in the 3Q, there was a 69 sec overlap with Beverley, and Curry drew a foul on Beverley. Otherwise, no Beverley vs Curry showdown in the 3Q. And in the first two minutes of the 4Q, there was a foul on Curry 3pt shot, and then Curry hit another 3 pt shot while Beverley was in the game still.

Not to say Beverley wasn't playing good defense in the 3Q.

4. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

This argument is so old and laughable by now that you're the only one that still sticks to it.

I remember another poster by the name of Sigmund that kept arguing Lin was a SF in a PG's body because he's not a PG and he can't shoot.

But the argument simply is ... if when Lin plays PG and Harden plays SG the Rockets play better, offense runs more smoothly, the team as a whole scores 10+ points per game, the overall assists are way higher and turnovers lower (even if Lin has higher individual TOs), and the team actually wins at a much higher rate ... than when Lin plays SG and Harden PG (when Harden is as close to a PG as you can get out of the SG position) ...

... and Lin's run in New York coincided with him playing PG as opposed to SG, for a coach whose offensive philosophy depended on a good PG to run his team, and couldn't find one until they found Lin on the bench, and that coach had just coached on of the best pure PGs to ever play the game in Nash (so he knows what a PG looks like .. and he rode Lin like a secretariat playing 40+ min a game) ... and the team played better when Lin was playing PG and in fact was reeling out of playoff contention before they played Lin (at PG) who helped elevate the play of the whole team (from the PG position) ...

... doesn't that make him a PG? In fact, has any previous coach/player from our own ex-Rockets great (remember who?) who said 'just let PG play PG, SG play SG', to Magic who said Lin was the real deal, to when Lin has been compared to Nash or Parker (who said Lin reminds him a lot of himself) ever compare Lin with a SG or thought that he was one???

This from George Karl ... “I remember Steve Nash when he was a young player. People didn’t think he could play. People thought he was a bench player. And he’s going to be a Hall of Fame point guard and one of my favorites ever. You look at Chauncey Billups’ early career and how he bounced around, and he’ll be a Hall of Famer. Jeremy Lin is a talented kid. If he can find the talent and the consistency, I can see him having a great career.” Did he talk about (I won't even use the word compare) Jeremy Lin with some other PGs or SGs? Karl's a pretty decent coach, and counts Gary Payton as one of his best PGs.

#84 mike_lu, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  5. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

CONFIRMATION BIAS

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beverly looks good out there

But that's not why you made this thread.
    It's your formula of unproven players (rookies or nbdl) that you prop up to be superstars (saying Royce is Magic Johnson) and repeating that they need more playing time and will eventually become starters.

You preferred Mercado over Lin, not because of performance, but because of your
    trolling Clutchfans with unproven players becoming superstars crap

1 person likes this.
  7. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Beverly is all right, he couldn't stay in front his man last night though.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nope. I made this thread for you.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I think his is that low and he's a troll too.

I warned the Lin fans about him (they didn't learn)

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=227360

#89 tinman, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

LOFs might confuse you for a LOH, when in truth you just don't know what you are talking about.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Anyway, in the past 5 games Beverley has averaged 6 pts, 3rbds, 5assts in 16 minutes. Pretty good.

12. rocketfaithful

I second that. Douglas has worth right now. probably more worth than he will ever had and we know what morey does when your value is high. i sure hope he does it here!

13. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

The only worth Douglas has is because we have superstar SG that can masquerade as a PG (but not his ideal role). If we trade Douglas to Miami or LAL, Douglas might be useful (albeit they already have PGs much better than Douglas). If we trade him to a team that needs PG play and gets something of value out of it ...

... then insert Morey picture

14. Rocket Booster

That's because he isn't a rookie. The NBA still clings to a really outdated way of calling pro players from international leagues "rookies".

Beverley already played in top level European leagues like Russian League, Greek League, VTB United League, Eucoup, Euroleague for several years.

He's nothing close to being an actual rookie.

15. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Agreed.

16. nickg

nickg Member

Have you watched any games at all?

17. tinman

Supporting Member

new member,

this guy doesn't like to watch starters. i already told you guys this.

18. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Not impressed, especially with the 19% three-point shooting from the PG position over the past 11 games.

PG who can't shoot adequately from long range isn't going help the Rockets in the PLAYOFFS.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This same kinda stuff was said about Moochie Norris way back.

Slow the "unpolished diamond in the rough" roll.

Reserve "unbelievable" for actual OUTSTANDING play, not "good in limited role" play.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He is shooting 33% on the season. Which happens to be better than Lin at 31.2%

I'm sure we could find an 11 game stretch where Lin was shooting just as bad from 3.

Beverly is having a cold stretch, but he is far from terrible from 3.

Fairly certain Lin will be doing a lot to help us win in the playoffs even though he is shooting worse than the "less than adequate" Beverly from downtown on the season.