1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Unbelievable Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Is Beverly, Sleepy Floyds son?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Jerkmeat

Jerkmeat New Member

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like Bev alot and think the pg position is set for a long time with him an Lin. Bev is all hustle and has a swag that the 2nd unit needs. Also just cause u like a pg that's not Lin doesn't mean ur hating on Lin or think Bev should start. I don't think and sane rockets fan thinks that. I did like that coach Mac left Bev in for a while before letting Lin close the game out which he did by the way. Bev played great and got the lead with the starters and Lin closed it out for us they both played great. I liked Lins game alot tonight when he's aggresive he can get that 15 and 8-10 assists a night that's top flight. I don't think Lin has 20 ppg type potential but I do see the 10 assists especially when we get a stud pf. He's got really good court vision and its only going to get better. Iv been really impressed by him lately I was almost losing hope early in the yr didnt even think he deserved to be starting now he's needing playing like a better than avg starting pg.

4. Grigori

Grigori Member

Dude actually has a PG brain, unlike Uglas.

Unfortunately McHale lets him run fewer PG plays than he lets even Lin.

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I like it when the backup pg has a different style of play than the starter, I think it mixes things up.

That's one of the things I liked about Lowry when he first came here. His style of play was was so different than Brooks, once the defense gets used to one you throw the other at them.

I think Lin is a better defender than Beverly but I like the pesty way Beverly plays on the ball defense.

6. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

until he can shoot better than TD, he should stay as back-up PG number 2... yeah yeah, I'm a closet TDOF... Though still a way better upgrade compared to Machado...

I like his energy and attitude... he played like he belong....

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Beverley is explosive and energetic, and that alone makes him better than Douglas. He's the best ball-handler of the three (and the quickest), and the most natural playmaker as well. He still has a ways to go, but I think his stint in Europe helped him settle down (back a few years ago he was more out of control).

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Beverly has been a great surprise, Morey should get major props for finding him.

He has enormous potential - and his athleticism and motor are very nice indeed.

I like the Bev/Lin combo at PG, very contrasting styles....

DD

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Beverey is the only true point on the team.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

His name is "Beverley," with the extra "e" not "Beverly." Jeez, people, it's David Andersen all over again!

11. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Beverley shows a lot of promise in that he is freakishly athletic & fast, can slash to the rim and knows how to find teammates.

He would be perfect in the role of palming off the ball to the wings and standing in the corner to spot up for threes.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Beverly sure does make his share of mental errors, but if he can clean those up, and work on consistently being able to hit the 3, he's going to be a great backup to Lin for some time.

-Last night against the Warriors Beverly's defense in the 3rd quarter on Curry was a key to winning that game. Curry was on fire there for awhile, and Beverly really came in and put it to Curry on the defensive end. I loved how he battled through the countless picks that were run for him, and still managed to keep him from getting open in his spots.

Still a work in progress, but I really do love the pickup at very little expense(a backup PG in the D-League that they can sign back with the team any time they want).

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He's a keeper.

14. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

There definitely some to much hate for Bev in GARM, but I think earn right to #2 PG on team. I like continue to see roughly 32/16 minutes split between him Lin/Bev.

Last game
    15 assists w/ zero TO from Rockets PG - that just unheard from our TO prone team.

15. Arthurprescott2

Nickname potential there.

Patrick "Extra E" Beverley

also "extra e" could mean extra energy.

16. Carl Herrera

Toney Douglas is the original extra e.

17. Arthurprescott2

Coincidence??? :eek:

(Totally forgot about that)

18. Carl Herrera

The Vestigial E Brothers

[​IMG]

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No coincdence. It's Morey magic.

20. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Bev is definitely a good find and a pg by nature. He shoots and drives enough while passing it quickly and often. Quick too.