1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The truth(s?) about Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Mar 10, 2013.

1. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

And how long have you given Jeremy Lin? 4 games into the season?

There had been no black American Presidents till Obama. Does that mean no black man in American history had been worthy or inferior to all American Presidents?

Times, people, perception all change. When John Wall goes #1, Johnny Flynn goes #6 (or 4th), and you can't say with any confidence that John Wall is significantly better than Lin (or will have a better career), and Flynn currently plays for the Melbourne Tigers, you can't seriously say the college/draft process has no flaws.

2. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

You did you not read a single word I said in the post you quoted? I clearly laid out the reasons. If you want more, read up on the articles published around his breakout that explained the situation in depth of how he slipped between the cracks.

3. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Denver PG Ty Lawson against the same Suns team on Monday

8/13, 19 pts, 6 assist, 1 TO

Ty Lawson is much better than Lin against the Suns

4. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

You may want to re-read the 2010 stats to reevaluate what you had said.

His numbers had always been there, its just due to various circumstance and the system of evaluation is being flawed.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=487

5. jocar

jocar Member

Discouraging means actively telling players not to shoot them, which I think is not accurate.

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Don't let your ignorance discourage you from posting ...

7. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

we as fans wouldnt know either way. but i think we can all agree that mid range shots is not a priority in the rox gameplan. and it just so happens that mid range is a big part of lins game. so is it really a surprise that he isnt performing to linsanity standards?

if the rox land howard, then the offense will surely change, and lin may be much more useful playing with an allstar big

8. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

For a guy who is just now playing his first full year this season, to have put up numbers that he did during Linsanity is just outright ridiculous. For people to dismiss him as below average prospect right now does not know basketball. Sure Lin has more boneheaded plays than average but that's because he is still adapting, look playing against average opponents year in and year out in the Ivy League has to have created bad habits which he will surely shed. But once he fully adapts to the NBA and as long as he gets the opportunity, he will end up being an above average PG in this league.

9. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Make sense.

10. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yeah, the system is near-perfect. That must be why drafting players has become such a boring science, completely devoid of risk and drama.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You proved my point. If teams have been scouting Shved since 06 and he went undrafted, why wouldn't the regional scouts scout lin from 09 or so? If the same scout had said this shved kid is a near all star talent, wouldn't a team at least waste a 2nd rd pick on him? There is nothing I see that tells me Lin has all star talent. Parson has more all star talent than lin. As I said before, all star talents don't go undrafted. Can he be solid? Yes.

12. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Go research Lin's high school and college career. He should have been drafted and he should have gotten an athletic scholarship. He didn't eat a magic bean that gave him basketball skills during Linsanity. Research before ignorant claims, thanks.

13. lightningbolt

lightningbolt Member

1. Ben Wallace (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)
    2. John Starks (1994)
    3. Brad Miller (2003, 2004)

14. radd

radd Member

Your statement does not make sense. These are the PG's who have put up 17 and 8 more than one season in the last 10 years. Who isn't top flight.

Chris Paul
    Chauncey Billups
    Steve Nash
    Deron Williams
    Russell Westbrook
    Baron Davis

15. kumakun

kumakun Member

Lin NEEDs to be a starting pg on the rockets. He already plays a cap of 30, gets benched all 4th quarter, like when will he ever play? Most of 2nd and a few in 3rd? It's his defense this season that has vastly improved since last year. He's gotten better at picking of opponents and taking charge and opposing pigs aren't scoring as much early on. Seems they start going off in the 2nd half though.

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Should have been drafted is highly debatable. Definitely should have got a scholarship though

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Baron Davis

18. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Funny that people got lot of patience of John wall for few years already but none on Lin for his 1st full year...

19. Dementium

Dementium Member

That kinda shows how much you know, right there.

20. Dementium

Dementium Member

To add to my post since I can't edit, some posters simply have unrealistic expectations. 15 n 8 which most people want from him for example would be borderline all star production.

however, it's been pointed out by much better posters than me that his numbers have trended increasingly upward.

Also, take a look at his Per36 numbers. He's already a solid average to above average PG in a league where PG is probably the most talent packed position.

So yeah, no reason why he can't eventually be one but for now people need to temper their expectations.