1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The trade tonight (Asik to NO for future 1st) signifies one thing: Morey's prize is Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dat Dude, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

I would trade Parsons in a Love deal even if we don't get Melo. That's a no-brainer, actually.

2. dlite316

dlite316 Member

it seems they really love parsons. if it means we are getting KEVIN LOVE, i will give them pasons happily.;)

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Well yeah but it'll at least cost you T Jones, NO's first and another first.

4. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

OK...what's the problem here?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd still happily do that.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You could get Melo without giving up anything.

That's why Morey is waiting.

7. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Believe me, if Minnesota called Daryl Morey right now and said if you give us Parsons, Jones, the NO 1st rounder and a future 1st, we'll give you Kevin Love, he would do it in an absolute heartbeat. My point? He's not waiting on Melo if it means getting Kevin Love right now.

8. Nook

Nook Member

There is some truth to this.

He gets Anthony and gets to keep Parsons, Jones and draft picks.

A trade for Love means several key assets out and the Rockets taking back another undesirable asset.

Further, this is assuming Parsons would even sign in Minnesota.

9. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Believe me, he would agree (pending Parsons agreeing to S&T) and wait until Melo/LeBron made a decision (or 7/10 if they haven't made one yet), so he knew how and when to transact the deal.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Believe me, if you knew the way Daryl Morey worked, then you would know that BEFORE he made a trade for Love, he would use the cap room that he has created. My point? He's not wasting $18m in cap space just because of a heartbeat.