1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The trade tonight (Asik to NO for future 1st) signifies one thing: Morey's prize is Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dat Dude, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Very strong offer. It's also a very strong possibility that Chandler says he isn't agreeing to a S&T to Minnesota though.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Have the Rockets officially declined his option yet?

3. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Good point. I stand corrected.

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

How could he stop it? If we decline his option, someone will make him an offer sheet to sign if he wants to get paid to play basketball. We have the right to match it no matter what, and then we can trade him whether he likes it or not. I seriously doubt it would be handled this way because of the relationships, but if the Rockets are intent on trading Parsons for Love if a deal is struck, there is not a whole lot that Parsons can do to stop it, to my knowledge.

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

CBA stops it

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Source

7. ApuN

ApuN Member

Love has expressed no interest in the Rockets. If he had any, you would have heard leaks the same way you have heard about getting Melo, LeBron, Lowry etc

I think this just your personal fantasy

8. FANfrom86toNow

Yes, I was admittedly corrected in another thread and stated that Parsons would have to agree to it. But if I'm him and given the option to stay on my current contract, or sign a new contract upwards of $44 million to be traded to Minny, I know what I would do...and I'm guessing he does the same thing. Anything could happen this year that could lower his value significantly, so you take that kind of money while it is guaranteed.

9. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

If you match an offer sheet then you're not allowed to trade the player without their permission for a period of one year.

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

That's making the assumption that he couldn't get a comparable offer from a team that he wanted to play for. That assumption isn't neccessarily true.

11. team5

team5 Member

LOL I like the spirit.

12. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

He opted out to give Riley a chance to come up with a plan in free agency. He met with Bosh and Wade yesterday so they can probbly do the same to allow Riley to know what cap space he will have to better the team this summer. I dont need a 'Source' for that, you can see it.

Look I know people get all excited and come up with hundreds of trades and moves, so my bad for sounding downing the LeBron dreams. I don't want to stop anyone on here from dreaming big. So go ahead and post all the James dreams you want. I will just sit back and see what other moves Morey can pull off.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

And if Wade does not opt out, then I think you can see that it might not go down like that.

14. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

So do we get an 8.3M exception in this deal too?

That's a huge plus in this deal.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

There's no reason to trade Parsons.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Think about it for a second... If players of Melo and Lebron's caliber have "interest" in Houston, how could Kevin Love not? What is it about Houston that would spark the interest of the best player in the NBA and a bonafide superstar like Melo, but not the interest of Kevin Love?

17. FANfrom86toNow

The likelihood is that we make Parsons a RFA in the next few days if we believe that we can get a 3rd here, no matter what we plan to do with him after that.

We either sign him to his long term deal and go over the cap while keeping him as a very good player.

Or we let him take an offer sheet and maybe sweeten it if we decide that we have a Love trade that would be acceptable to Minny.

They are only POSSIBILITIES, but either way, we will make him a RFA soon if we are confident of getting that 3rd star. No need to risk losing him for nothing next year as an UFA (although unlikely, but again possible), when you can go ahead and lock him up if you have your 3rd star this year and pay him sooner as well.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

exactly. someone that said there would have been a leak now.

not true not true. you have trades that come out of nowhere all the time.

the rockets biggest weakness is PF and the best one in the NBA is being shopped. A certain PF that wants to win, i mean is it that big of a stretch?

sheesh

19. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

HAHAHAHAHA

One of the worst defensive teams in the playoffs trades their best defender. What a stupid deal--- how would Love or Melo improve the d?

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Check out what Doc has to say on the matter.