1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Ticket] Scoops Callahan Asks Phil Jackson His Last Question Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by twhy77, May 9, 2011.

1. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

you havent heard the hatchetman, or sec guy, or jim rome on a mobile. Also the brian beckner facts on friday are pretty awesome.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm personally not a fan of nationally syndicated shows. Jim Rome just irritates the piss out of me. I don't mind Mike and Mike on ESPN some days but I much prefer listening to talk about my favorite teams which are the Rockets and Astros in baseball. I have zero love for the Texans. Good luck to them but I really could care less if they win, loose or just cease to exsist.

It's a shame my favorite NFL team is not in Houston.

IMO you have to channel surf the Sports stations in Dallas. I listen to the Ticket in the morning but switch off at noon. I usually listen to Randy Galloway on ESPN radio at 3.

I will say this about the ticket. You will see former Ticket hosts all over the place now.

Curt Minafee (sp?) from FOX Sports used to host the 9am to 11am show.
    Skip Bayless (hate him) use to host the early mornging show
    Mark Followell (The TV Play by Play guy for the Mavs) used to be on the 3pm to 7pm show the Hard Line
    Chuck Cooperstien (The Radio Voice of the Mavs) used to have a show from 3 - 7.
    All the other Sports Radio Stations in Dallas are stocked with ex ticket employees.

I listened to them exclusively for years because they were the only all sports radio in town for quite a while.

3. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

You like the Musers over Hardline and BaD Radio?

I feel like I learn a lot listening to Rhyner (I know, Rhyner's dead) talk about music, or sports in the 60's, or heck even Dallas history in its less douchy days. And then Corby and Big Dumb Danny have a great chemistry. I don't even miss Greggo any more.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm not a big fan of the "Hardline" myself.
    I go with The Musers in the morning, BaD Radio from noon-3 and then GaC from 3-6.
    That keeps me as content and happy as a lark.

5. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Galloway?! Uggg. He's a Dallas d-bag with a cowboy hat.

6. tracymac

tracymac Member

We can do what they do, but they can't do what we do.

Sorry, just some more inside humor. The Ticket is awesome. Houston, while being a kickass city, has crappy sports radio.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That's some funny stuff..

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I like the Musers a lot more than the Hardline. I think Corby is a genius but Gordo is even more genius. I have never really cared for Rhyner a lot but the Hardline was just better with Hammer to make fun of.

I like Bob Sturm ok but cant listen to Bad radio because I just can't stomach Dan.

I love listening to Norm, especially when he goes off on someone. Basically I listen to very little Ticket after 12 noon. Coop and Nate or Greggo and Richie Witt until GAC comes on.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I disagree. I don't consider him a D-bag a'la Richie Whitt at all.
    I like Galloway because he doesn't take himself seriously at all. He comes off as an old geezer losing his mind (yet not as curmudgeonly as the irritatingly self-righteous Bob Ryan) and it seems like his radio show is just an opportunity for him to cut loose as opposed to his newspaper column.
    Plus, how can you not like anyone that sounds like the Whataburger guy? Except if you're from Noo Yawk Ciddy, cos we know every Texans likes Whataburger and if you don't like the Whataburger guy then you don't like Whataburger and you hate Texas. (Tell the LSAC folks to beat my fabulous logic). :grin: