1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Theory of Combining an Offensive Coach & Defensive Assistant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, May 21, 2016.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry. It's hard not to be bummed out when the name bandied about as the owner's choice is a coach I never dreamed would sniff the head coach job of our beloved Rockets. Comparing Alexander to Adams was the worst thing I could say about our owner short of using a string of words that are automatically turned into asterisks.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Isn't this what goes on in Golden State? Steve Kerr for the offense (using a lot of D'Antoni's offense) and Ron Adams is the defensive guru?

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Isn't this what goes on in Golden State? Steve Kerr for the offense (or should we give credit to D'Antoni? lol) and Ron Adams is the defensive guru?

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm not sure who was responsible for the defense for Phil Jackson's championship teams but Tex Winters was the one responsible for the offense. Your head coach doesn't have to responsible for both sides of the ball but he has to buy into what his assistants are implementing.

The Knicks defense was actually pretty good when Woodson took over but Melo wasn't buying into the offense Mike D wanted to run.