1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans and thier bright future.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Dr. Basketball, Dec 21, 2006.

1. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

My only problem with Dunta is that he talks to much for someone who hasn't really done all that much since he's been in the league. In post-game interviews he acts like he's the "star" of the defense.

I agree with you though...he is one hell of a hitter, but until he starts consistently making plays, it's hard to see him as a stalwart of this team.

I guess I am in the minority on this one, but I find myself having an incredible amount of faith in Rick Smith just based on the small amount he's done this season.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The defense has steadily gotten better as the year has gone on. I'm sure someone will post stats to refute this, but if you actually WATCH the games it's easy to see.

No we haven't turned into the Bears defense or anything like that, but the improvement is there. Problem is, the offense getting worse as the season has gone on has made the defense's job a lot harder, so the improvement is hard to see.