1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans #1 Draft Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Brando2101, Feb 7, 2014.

?

What should the Texans do with the #1 Pick?

1. Trade it Away

14.5%
  2. Draft Blake Bortles, QB, UCF

1.2%
  3. Draft Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

0.6%
  4. Draft Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

27.5%
  5. Draft Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

30.1%
  6. Draft Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

1.0%
  7. Draft Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

25.1%
  1. MrVengeance

MrVengeance Member

We can say so and so player is a sure pick, but in reality there is no sure pick. No matter how freak of athletic a player might be. Its no guarantee that player will succeed.

I agree with trade down. I'll be MOST happy with that, but not too far down.

2. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2014/why-id-take-teddy-bridgewater-no-1-overall

3. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

I am still holding out hope fellas, this is my Alamo

4. Remii

Remii Member

What glaring issues do Robinson and Watkins have...??? Those two guys are flawless compared to Clowney. Clowney's warts are just as big and visible as Johnny's, Teddy's, and Blake's.

Funny thing is last season practically every Texans fan were constantly complaining about either the QB play and or offensive line play. There is a stud offensive lineman and at least one of the top 3 quarterbacks at the minimum are better than Schaub, but yet now fans want to spend the #1 pick on a pass rusher when so many complained about Mario... Go figure...

5. Remii

Remii Member

I'll take Teddy (Johnny or Blake) every day of the week over Clowney and they probably can trade down with Buffalo and can get whichever one of them they want plus more picks...

6. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

I don't think Uncle Bob will allow BOB to not get Clowney

7. HoustonTejanos

Your an idiot. Especially, when you give no reasoning once so ever. Clowney's combine/pro day performances could be considered to be on the of the best ever. Why would you pass up on Clowney when you can pair him with JJ coming after opposing QBs? You must have forgot the Texans defense was **** last year.... Seattle is so great because their defense keeps points off the board, making it easier for their offense to go out and take care of business. You really think any of those 3 QB's are going to start for the Texans and get us to the promise land? We need to pick up Clowney, grab two QB's later in the draft, possibly Murray, and build a rediculous defense and patch up the offense over the next two seasons. It takes time to build championship caliber teams.

8. HoustonTejanos

At the very least.... I would want the Texans to grab Clowney with the first pick, and then see if a team like Atlanta will offer a trade for him and we can get someone like Mack and an extra pick. We control the direction of this draft and I think doing something like this would put us in a more competitive direction.

9. Raven

Raven Member

I think it's going to be Clowney or Manziel. I won't be shocked if they select Bortles, but I would be mildly surprised. I don't see Bridgewater being the guy unless the Texans trade down or select Clowney with their first and scoop up Bridgewater with their second assuming he's still on the board. Nor do I see Manziel falling further than number four. The Browns need a QB, a fresh start, and an identity, Manziel would fill all three of those needs. I also think Bridgewater is gonna fall, mainly because of his lower frame. Ballerina legs go snap!

We shall see.

10. Remii

Remii Member

I agree with you on that... Especially with all the success the Texans had with Mario...

11. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

You know they called Joe Montana "Bird Legs" on the 49ers squad. Those "bird legs" helped win 4 superbowls

It will come down to who is the best player on the field

Clowney then Bridgewater

12. Remii

Remii Member

It's "YOU'RE"...
    As in ---> you're a dumb@**.

13. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Mario wasn't that bad

2 time all pro and would be a force to reckon with if we still had him alongside Watt

14. HoustonTejanos

Thank you for correcting me. Now take your idiotic comments to another board. You should have been fired with Kubiack.

15. Remii

Remii Member

But what did we win with him...???

Barwin wasn't bad either with J.J... And he was a 2nd round pick...

16. Remii

Remii Member

"YOU'RE" very welcome sir :)

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

If the Texans had a need at left tackle I would agree that Robinson should be in the running for the first pick but they don't so its a moot point. And obviously it would be silly to draft a WR #1. But I will say that in a draft as deep as this one is at receiver the Texans should look at one in the 3rd or 4th round either for the slot or as a 3rd receiver if Posey doesn't return to his old form.

Also I would be surprised if any of the big 3 are as good as Schaub was from 2008 through 2012.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

enough from both of you. just drop it now.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're wasting your time talking to him like he's a real person.