1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Tech/Ejection on Ron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i just don't see how crawford could be defended.... you call one tech and you move on. artest didn't attack anyone after he went up to kobe.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Kobe knew exactly what he was doing. Dirty tactic using Artest's rep AGAINST him.

People were saying about the Kobe elbow and kick on Battier that he wouldnt dare do that on Artest. I knew that wasnt true. Kobe likes those kinda childish challenges on anybody, equal oppurtunity offender.

3. kanariya

kanariya Member

4. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

Crawford was suspended before for trying to pick a fight with Tim Duncan. What an old freak on a power trip. It's like a bad cop abusing his authority. Yeah old puny pudgy guy. Why don't you ask Tim Duncan if he wants to fight? That he is an NBA official who gets to ref a playoff game is an absolute D-I-S-G-R-A-C-E. The NBA, where appalling happens.

I'm not the biggest fan of The Sports Guy, but Bill Simmons is absolutely right about the NBA and its ability to orchestrate outcomes by referee teams. What's particularly awful is that they are so blatant about it. I'm very close to boycotting the league. Seriously.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Kobe knew exactly what he was doing. Dirty tactic using Artest's rep AGAINST him.

People were saying about the Kobe elbow and kick on Battier that he wouldnt dare do that on Artest. I knew that wasnt true. Kobe likes those kinda childish challenges on anybody, equal oppurtunity offender.

6. joesr

joesr Member

yes he over reacted
    but there are 3 refs when one doesnt see, fine. but when 3 dont see especially when a ref should be under the basket and artest has the ball, hmm

7. thumps

thumps Contributing Member

Ron got himself ejected.

The ref heard him out, and didn't give him a tech. The moment Ron ran over to Kobe to talk mess, that was it. He was getting ejected. That's what happens when you have a history and you've been in the stands.

Yeah, it's not fair, but that's the way it is. Ron's got to be smarter than that. We didn't have a chance of winning a game after he left.

8. lustdog

lustdog Member

What are the chances of that dirty elbow by Kobe come back and haunt him? A suspension? Did that happen before?
    What about Fisher?

9. texascityman31

Do you guys remember 1995 playoffs? game 2 west semis in phoenix? Jake O'Donnell gave clyde 2 quick unecesary T's at the same time cause he did'nt like Clyde. The leauge looked into it and Jake never refereed another game again. wish that could happen to crawford, the bald headed prick.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree that you kind of have to throw Ron out once he runs to Kobe.

But, Come on, you have to review that play and the knee to Shane if you're the NBA. The guy needs to be dealt with....

He's like a 3 year-old who always gets his way, throwing a perpetual temper tantrum.

11. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

lol the post interview with craig sager was halarious. ron is so funny! :D

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Um, Artest got viciously elbowed in the neck by Bryant and the foul was whistled on him. At what point do *you* get upset, Gandhi?

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ron's history screwed him over in this game.

DD

14. Two Sandwiches

As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason why Fisher is NOT suspended for Game 3. That was a blatant launch at Scola, who was running full speed.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The Lakers found out how to beat us. Cheap shots, trash talk and then sit back and let the refs starting overreacting to the Rockets reaction. I guess Fisher was the only one that didn't get the memo but I suspect he will learn while he is sitting out game 3.

Congrats to Ron on his reply to the situation on TNT just now.

16. Cav000

Cav000 Member

We should and must do dirty to Kobe in the games after...
    Or he won't stop hurting our players..
    Hurt Kobe.no hesitation!!!

17. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

This is how much I respect the NBA to make the right decision. I bet they do this:

Fisher - Suspended
    Artest - Suspended
    Bryant - Nothing

18. Two Sandwiches

What was said?

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

When Artest was running up at Kobe I thought he was going to throw a punch lol. I'm sure 90% of you guys did too.

20. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

The refs didn't make the call. Ron was just letting everyone know how Kobe is playing. Kobe already crossed the line and kneed & elbowed Shane. Artest saw the footage of game one and he wasn't having it. If the refs are not acknowledging it then he took it in his hands to let Kobe know to watch it. I can see if from Ron's perspective.