1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The T-Rob proposal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfaithful, Mar 18, 2013.

?

Who do you think would help the rockets most at the four spot? please read thread post first!!!

1. DMO for his offensive arsenal

51.7%
  2. T-Rob for his defensive intensity and rebounding

48.3%
  1. destined2win

destined2win Member

Hope next game D-Mo score like 30 point and we again have same discussions, sometimes feel like you Americans are just stupid give this rotation bit of time instead of discussing who to send to nbdl after every nba game.

1 person likes this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Guess I am in the minority, but I like a lot of what I see from Robinson so far. Think he plays with a lot of effort on the defensive end. I really like what he has done when getting a chance to put the ball of the floor. Hasn't converted a ton but the potential and quickness are there.

3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I rather see TRob's inside scoring, or GSmith's scoring over DMo's outside shots. It could be irrelevant when we get our Power Forward this summer.

4. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

I think T -Rob is the better 4 right now. This kid is just oozing talent if Mchale would only leave him in when he makes mistakes , once comfortable this kid could be huge for us

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Ya I think Trob is the Better player right now also, I guess I'm in the minority but I don't think he plays bad when in there. I mean asik misses dunks layups all the time and nobody's says anything. He plays good defense and rebounds at an extreamly high rate. I just don't like that coach pulls him out after one mistake on the court it's dumb all players even mj make mistakes.

6. Rocket_Man_2.0

How about..uhh..Royce White, at least he can rebound. And I think he'll work really well with our uptempo style.;):p

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Well that was surprising poll results. I'd add that I want DMo to come off the bench and be a sixth man. He'd be a great sixth man, IMHO.

8. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Not Delfino is my answer.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like the idea of more defense around our scorers.

10. alX

alX Member

i'd love to give t-rob a shot. i love his athleticism.
    i'm not trying to be the spelling/grammar jerk, but i think you meant "errant" pass.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Carlos Delfino is our best PF. He is the only one with a clue about how to play.

12. wincan459

wincan459 Member

How about when Asik is on the court, put DMO in, otherwise, T-Rob helps clean the glasses

13. SeabrookMiglla

i dont know about you guys, but i think we should give DMO a chance. he is a 7fter that has some legit post moves, and his shot doesnt look too bad but he is still definitely streaky in that area.

overall i like Trob more, but i think we are looking for a more offensive 4 to be matched up with asik rather than Trob who looks to be more of a defensive kinda player. i think this is why delfino plays the 4 right now so when we need some offensive fire power.

i think trob has the higher ceiling, i like his athleticism in general but DMO does have potential also. they are different kind of players. i could definitely see DMO being in either the A or B squad, IMO the B squad substantially needs more help on the scoring end.

our 2nd unit is really weak, unlike the past few years when we have always been pretty deep.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Asik and T Rob are a terrible pair up front they do not compliment each other.

15. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

For the rest of this year, DMo.

A year from now? toss-up. One of these two will be an All-star, three years from now. Meantime, let's trade TJones for a pick, or put him in the deal for whatever star we're getting in the summer.

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

WTF, didn't you just answer the question? TJones is still hurt. McHale isn't anti-experiment in any way. As a matter of fact McHale has experimented with many different rotations and lineups this year and as been criticized every time by Clutchfans. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I see your point, however Parsons is not a one-dimensional player on offense. He is very allround on offense. D-mo is actually also quite multi dimensional on offense. He is just inconsistent.

Our bench players are very one dimensional on offense.

18. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

You're stupid.
    'Merica. :p

19. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Are you French?

20. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the prob is DMO can go 0-8 with turnovers and poor defense and get placed back in game.

TRob makes one bad pass, or miss handle of ball, and he is benched for rest of the game.

Lately it seems like he is on a very short leash. which must kill confidence