1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Summertime "Random Trade Idea" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, May 5, 2008.

1. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

Aaron Brooks + Luther Head

for

(wait for it)

(wait for it)

Acie Law

2. verti89

verti89 Member

I guess this is as good a place as any to say this...Yao Ming is going to be taking up just over 15 mil on our books next season...a little research will show that if we could have any combination of 2 of these players, except camby and miller together. Oh and thats assuming the players to be free agnets sign for a similar deal which most would probably be going for less at this point in their careers. And yes I realize 9+7 = 16 but if our team cant manage to find 1 mil to spare we suck.

Mike Miller 9mil
    Marcus Camby 9
    Corey Maggette 7
    Emeka Okafor 7
    Ron Artest 7.4

I like Yao and all but the dude is overrated, I would take any pair of these guys over him in a heart beat. I dont want to trade Rafer because I love him to death and because we saw this year that he is a perfectly able court general. I dont want to trade Tmac because he is a stud and we cant get FMV for him (thats fair market value for all those confused). I DO want to trade EITHER luther head or Novack because they are the same. I would lean towards keeping Novack for his length but his total inability to play defense cancels that out...then again luther heads inability to make a pass and trouble with the playoff atmosphere make me not like him. I like Jackson/Brooks as our backup PGs, and the combo of scola,landry,hayes is solid. Oh and Deke can play til he is 85 for all I care. <finger wag here>

3. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

This is a joke right? Because if it isn't you are dumb.

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Yao makes Les Alexander MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. Yao will never EVER be traded. If we were offered Kobe for Yao straight up or Lebron for Yao straight up I still don't think Yao would be traded.

Yao = HUGE MARKETABILITY.

Doesn't matter how good he is.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Jackson, Head, Novak works for Miller, Lowry. Memphis effectively trades players with 2 year contracts for players with 1 year contracts.

6. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

7. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

head and jackson for miller

battier for calderon

maggette for mle

landry for lle (2yrs to obtin bird rights)

re-sign mutombo

use #25 to draft hibbert

Line-Up:
    C- Yao/Hibbert/Mutombo
    PF- Scola/Landry/Hayes
    SF- McGrady/Miller/Novak
    SG- Maggette/Francis/Harris
    PG- Calderon/Alston/Brooks

8. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

should we call the Jazz? Just in case they go nuts and will trade us D-Will for Bobby Jackson.

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Can't help but laugh at that one. Maggette is looking for a raise from the 8.4 million dollar option he has next year, and frankly...he deserves it.

10. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

and while we are at it, we night as well get boozer for woods

11. Seth

Seth Member

I think the Raps will keep Calderon, even if that cost them to get over the luxury tax threshold he is too valuable for them to loose it right now.

That´s why i think TJ is a player we can afford to get, if we can do it with Bobby Jackson and Luther Head then it is a steal no matter how long TJ can play for us.

I also believe (because i recently checked Raptors boards) that Delfino will be a goner so there you have a player that for 2.5-3 millions can play SG-SF and PG if necessary and can also defend and rebound well.

12. mms

mms Member

TJ Ford is a little bit short. His D is questionable. He is no better than Rafer.

Also, can we get JR Smith for mle?

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Denver wants to retain him,then no. I like TJ but his short height,lack of a 3,and physical weaknesses/injury history are major concerns.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I want LaMarcus Aldridge....the only person I can think of that the Blazers might want and salaries are close is Battier.

15. Tornadoofsoul6

The Blazers would want Yao.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have to be kidding.

17. Tornadoofsoul6

Blazers have been rebuilding for this long that it's pretty difficult breaking down their core. Plus the Blazers are specifically looking at the LMA/Oden combo for their future. Pair those two players with Roy, and I don't really think they would want Battier for LMA.

Don't forget that they're stacked at the small forward spot with Outlaw, Webster, and Jones. And possibly of adding Donte Green, Budinger, or Batum if their looking to draft the BPA.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They have a heck of a lot of nice pieces, don't they!

19. verti89

verti89 Member

Yea unfortunately I know you are right, doesnt hurt to talk about the idea though.

20. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

well i guess u could replace maggette with any swingman, he just seemed the best fit for the team. perhaps childress instead?

Line-Up:
    C- Yao/Hibbert/Mutombo
    PF- Scola/Landry/Hayes
    SF- McGrady/Miller/Novak
    SG- Childress/Francis/Harris
    PG- Calderon/Alston/Brooks